• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aura's and their size around models (also bug with auras?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I downloaded first (custom) aura model and used it, its HUGE. BUT when i take Paladin hero (for example) and put inferno on it, after scaling inferno down to be around the size of the normal hero (paladin hero for example) the aura is now nicely tightened around him.

>>> Any way to dictate the size of auras without having to jerry-rig this? <<<
(i.e. delete 100s of units ive already made and try to remake them while planning what the aura size would be for everyone...-.-)

It would be important enough for my map to do this but man..i got like 100-200 units made and i would (after testing aura on almost all of them) have to remake atleast half of them and tbh i dont think its even possible for some units (i.e. taking smallest unit out there, and then giving it a murloc model or something super small) doesn't even seem viable

also some units don't recieve auras in general? and some the aura will flicker around them real quick then turn off after moving or whatever. VERY ODD? (snapdragon, pit lord (purple one), dragonspawn and a few others)

Level 23
There is a field for units in the Object Editor, something along "attachment animation properties". Usually small, medium, or large is put there.

It applies the specified animation tag to effects attached to the unit, as long as the effect model has animations with that tag.

The aura model would then need to be edited to have multiple animations, for each scale. Like stand small, stand medium, stand large, and in each animation the scale be adjusted.

Last edited:
Level 9
There is a field for units in the Object Editor, something along "attachment animation properties". Usually small, medium, or large is put there.

It applies the specified animation tag to effects attached to the unit, as long as the effect model has animations with that tag.

The aura model would then need to be edited to have multiple animations, for each scale. Like stand small, stand medium, stand large, and in each animation the scale be adjusted.
nothing to do but edit the models

so is there nothing i can do or is what biridius said a thing lmao? cuz i dont think what you said Biridius is going to work (also THANK YOU FOR REPLYING cuz i might play around with it to see if i can work with it). as i can adjust the aura around allied units (not the one with the ability..even tho that works the same way i guess) by adjusting the model scale (again I.E. taking inferno (BIG) and shrinking it down super small gives it a perfect aura around it. as the model itself is just massive initially. but as i shrink it, it slowly gets smaller i think anyways...wtf lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
I was saying to edit your aura model, not the 100+ unit models. The 100+ units only need 1 object editor field changed.

If you want the aura to be small only on paladin and footman, you make a "stand small" animation in the aura model. Then put "small" for the paladin and footman in the Object Editor, while other units will use the "medium" animation for a different scale.

Level 9
I was saying to edit your aura model, not the 100+ unit models. The 100+ units only need 1 object editor field changed.

If you want the aura to be small only on paladin and footman, you make a "stand small" animation in the aura model. Then put "small" for the paladin and footman in the Object Editor, while other units will use the "medium" animation for a different scale.
oooooohh...i will try this in a second thank you bro i see what you're saying. this would be much better than what i have (most of my units are a Paladin/Blademaster/Lich King/Slyvanas model that i copy paste and (obviously lol) edit it change model damage etc. so if i just change those couple it should alls mooth out alot more, no?
thank you brb

Status
Not open for further replies.