• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy unit Aura Following

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, another nooby question from me.

I have a spell that passively gives armor and movement speed to a hero once he's learned another skill (The other skill is not an aura). To do this, I create a dummy unit and teach it abilities based on devotion aura and unholy aura and order it to "follow" the hero. However, after walking around for about 5 seconds, the aura no longer affects the hero. So my question is:

How can I get a dummy unit with an aura that has a very short range (25) to always stand right on top of the hero? If thats not possible, how can I get the aura to work exclusively on one hero?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Why dont u just give the aura to the hero? Set the target of the aura to self and give it to the hero and it will only affect the hero.

Level 33
Not to be boastful, but for the sake of user-friendly and efficiency, just change the Stats - Targets Allowed: Self

Add those 2 spells inside a Spell Book, and disable the Spell Book.
Once learned, add Spell Book to that unit, there you have it, the aura will only affect Hero because you changed it to Self.

Here's a test map.

Attachments

• Spell Book Devotion Aura and Unholy Aura.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.