• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

aura to only affect your own units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have been trying to make on aura only affect the units that I control, but it always includes my allies too.

I have tried a lot of combinations of "targets allowed" include "friend" and not "allies," but it still includes my allies.

What boxes need to be checked for this to work?

Level 8
Sorry I should explain better what I am trying to do.

I have a Blademaster in my map that does a Bladespin making him immune to spells, but I also have him given a %50 chance to return any type of damage he takes. So i created a return damage trigger using a buff. I have a dummy unit with a dummy aura that applies the buff to him and I put that unit on an expiration timer so that buff goes away properly. The only problem is the buff applies to all the allies as well and they all get the damage return bonus as well.

Level 8
Sorry I should explain better what I am trying to do.

I have a Blademaster in my map that does a Bladespin making him immune to spells, but I also have him given a %50 chance to return any type of damage he takes. So i created a return damage trigger using a buff. I have a dummy unit with a dummy aura that applies the buff to him and I put that unit on an expiration timer so that buff goes away properly. The only problem is the buff applies to all the allies as well and they all get the damage return bonus as well.

In your dummy Thorns Aura, go to Stats - Targets Allowed - and set it to Player Units. That will make your aura only work for units owned by dummy unit owner. If you just want aura to imply on your casting unit, then create a dummy item ability of type thorns aura and apply it on your casting unit, or you could give the thorns aura to your caster and set it to Stats - Targets Allowed - Self.

Level 8
I understand what you're saying, it's just not worth the amount of time that it would take to do. Plus I'd have to make it multi-instanceable which would make it even more complicated.

I'm just trying to find a quick and effective way to do this, otherwise I'll just change my goals because I'm not too partial to the ability anyway.

Level 4
Try to add the Spiked Carapace(is the spelling correct?) ability, via triggers yes the one Crypt Lord has, set the bonus armor to 0, and damage return to 50%. Done.

Level 8
it returns every instance of damage, including spells; and I only want it to last for seven seconds and it still has to be multi-instanceable.

I already have the triggers written, i just need a way to apply a buff to a single unit that is immune to magic for those 7 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.