• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aura Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
So basically I created an aura which gives you a specific buff. If you have this buff, some actions occur continuously. When you stop having this buff, the actions should stop immediately. I have totally no troubles in creating all the triggers but the problem is that when a unit walks away from the hero with the aura, there is a delay of about 2 seconds before the buff is removed (the AoE is 500 and I ensured the unit was outside this range). How do we set that to 0? I tried searching in Gameplay Constants but I didn't find it.

Level 21
If you could detect it via trigger when the unit is out of range, you can manually removed it using
  • Unit - Remove specific Buff
but otherwise, I think it cannot be edited. That is why Dota 2 has a buff removal delay too because it was based on Warcraft's buff removal delay
Go to
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Aura
CTRL+F: "lingers"

If I could detect if the unit is in range succesfully then I wouldn't even do the aura thing. The problem is that it's not for one hero only but for multiple ones. Every hero has this aura and it will affect other units/heroes. I tried the picking thing but it didn't work out properly.

Level 21
Do you mean you don't want the effect to stack? If so, you could exclude picking units that already have the buff, that way you avoid stacking the effect.

No it's not that. The aura itself does totally nothing, it's just to apply the buff.
Just never mind guys, I found a different way of solving my problem without the need of an aura.

Level 24
That is just how auras work.
Every ... time, a check is done to give nearby units a buff with the aura ability as source.
This buff remains on the target for 5 seconds (i thought).
There are no checks when it should be removed, when the source is gone, it will just not refresh the buff.

You can either deal with this, or use an immolation aura or create your own triggered auras.

Status
Not open for further replies.