• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Aura, Delay on buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey, as you know aura abilities have a small delay before disappearing.
ex. If your unit walks out of range from Paladin's devotion aura, it will take a second or 2 before the effects to go off. Can you make this instant instead?

Thank you

Level 33
You can however, remove the buff instantly by using this function;
  • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(unit, BuffId)
For example if buff ID for Devotion Aura is AHad, replace the BuffId with AHad instead.

But to make the unit to have the aura without delay, you can't simply use UnitAddAbility.

But first, you must have a trigger function that detects unit that leaves the aura aoe from the caster first.
I would suggest you should use my Temporary Ability system where you add the ability via Spell Book (disable it) and have the ability "act" as an aura, but actually it's an ability inside a disabled Spell Book.

Level 29
You can however, remove the buff instantly by using this function;
  • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(unit, BuffId)
For example if buff ID for Devotion Aura is AHad, replace the BuffId with AHad instead.

But to make the unit to have the aura without delay, you can't simply use UnitAddAbility.

But first, you must have a trigger function that detects unit that leaves the aura aoe from the caster first.
I would suggest you should use my Temporary Ability system where you add the ability via Spell Book (disable it) and have the ability "act" as an aura, but actually it's an ability inside a disabled Spell Book.

just a note: replace BuffId w 'AHad'
you have to use the apostrophes

Can't you just set the aura's duration to 0.01?

thts a good question i never noticed that b4 lol

Level 7
Hey, as you know aura abilities have a small delay before disappearing.
ex. If your unit walks out of range from Paladin's devotion aura, it will take a second or 2 before the effects to go off. Can you make this instant instead?

Thank you

Just use a trigger to remove buff from the unit, you have to store the units so you know what ones to remove it from though.

Status
Not open for further replies.