• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aura based buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Helloes Hive Workshop

I am trying to implement custom buffs, but due to limited abilities it is kinda difficult as two buffs from two abilities based on the same one collide with one another. Hence I decided, that it would be good to make buffs via special hidden auras given to buffed units when they are buffed and then removed when its time runs out. The thing is, auras have this weird thing that after being removed form a unit, their buff stays for about three seconds.

Any idea to solve it? Theoretically I can make all these buffs triggered to last these three seconds less, but I'd very much love for it to be precise.

I tried making custom buffs with other passive skills, but only auras worked.

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks!

EDIT: I checked, it's precisely 4 seconds, not 3, just for those, who would like to know, if anyone would.

Level 12
EDIT: OH! WAIT! Sorry. I didn't read that correctly. xD

That buff being left behind for some seconds appears to be just a normal functionality of Auras. I think you'll either just have to deal with it, or adjust the lengths of your spells accordingly. Or, try that Remove Specific Buff thing. Testing seems to show that it'll remove it instantly instead of after a few seconds.

EDIT2: Here's a basis for what you want:

• Pt1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Inner Fire) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) to (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) has buff Inner Fire) Not equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove Endurance Aura (Neutral Hostile) from (Picked unit)
                  • Unit - Remove Endurance Aura buff from (Picked unit)
                • Else - Actions
Replace the abilities and buffs with whichever you prefer.

NOTE: Not leak-checked.

Last edited:
Level 6
Why thank you, I didn't know that removing the buff via riggers will work. This will help me greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.