1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Atul'Aman

Submitted by Cigaro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The tileset is actually a mix of Sunken Ruins and Barrens. I've used Barrens creeps but needed the Sunken Ruins cliffs to make the center look fitting. It's supposed to depict an old pyramid partly covered by sand.

It includes the new Barrens Merc Camp, the only one with a flying unit. Overall, they're pretty weak creeps though, and I'm having them guarded by a relatively weak creep camp as well. That camp gives you lvl 2 if you kill the creeps in smart order.

The map hasn't really been playtested yet, and I guess some of the creep camps still need adjustment.

=== changelog ===

v01
- first draft

v02
- beta version

v03
- beta version

v04
- first release
Contents

Atul'Aman v04 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So this really is a very interesting map. Not perfect yet though. I'm also a big fan of combining Sunken Ruins and Barrens, I think I made at least 3 maps with such combined tileset, even though it looks quite different on my maps. But I really like...
  1. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks cool as a template map too... do you mind if I use it? (I plan to edit it to make it more junglely tho)

2. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, I don't mind. Do what you like

3. AGKWarcraftIII

AGKWarcraftIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello! Your map is so very good. So how works 1.21b & 1.26a?

4. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The environment look very interesting by the way. great combination in my eyes.

5. AGKWarcraftIII

AGKWarcraftIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree.

6. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks alright.

7. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So this really is a very interesting map. Not perfect yet though.
    I'm also a big fan of combining Sunken Ruins and Barrens, I think I made at least 3 maps with such combined tileset, even though it looks quite different on my maps. But I really like how it is done here.

Regarding gameplay:
    -Getting lvl 2 from the merc camps alone looks kinda strong to me. Given that there seems be very little risk involved.
    -At the shops, there is once again an issue with asymmetric itemdrops.
    -The access to the 3-1-1 kobolds in front of the the base is too narrow.
    -The central area: While I like it, it "feels" like there are too many ramps and/or narrow choke points.
    -The rockgolem + double trapper spot should give an additional powerup. Or (one of) the trolls could be downgraded to lvl 2.
    -The creeps at the corner expansions dont need to be on camp stance. It is highly unlikely that someone will go there without the intention of killing these creeps.
    -Any reason why the "exit area" behind the arch on the west is blocked by pathing blockers, but not in corresponding area in the east?

So beside the asymmetric itemdrop, no other "bugs" to be found. Again, I trust you will fix this quickly. Therefore map approved.
    For potential improvements regarding getting this map ladder-worthy, we can talk here or on discord if you want to.