• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Attacking Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi!
I feel really weird! I've been searching and searching, but I have not been able to find the answer of my problem. If I have been looking wrong places, then I'm very sorry! :cry:
Anyway. I'm making a WC3 map (ofc:eekani: ) And I try to make some attacking waves of creeps at each factions base. These mobs should move to the enemy and attack anything hostile on their route. Also if possible they should get a little stronger almost every wave. I have tried ordering them to patrol to region. Then when they hit the region, give them new order to patrol to next region. It simply just doesnt work alright!:bored:

So please! Can anybody give me a hint, or something that I can work with to make this map work? :smile:
Thank you very much! :thumbs_up:

• Trigger One: Spawning;
  • Trigger:
  • Spawning
  • Events
  • Time - Every 12.50 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Set Point = (Center of Region)
  • Set Point2 = (Center of Region2)
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 6 (Orange) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To Point2
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
  • Trigger Two: Move2;
  • Trigger:
  • Attack Move Two
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit enters Region2
  • Conditions
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
  • Set Point = (Center of Region3)
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To Point
  • Trigger Three: Move Three;
  • Trigger:
  • Attack Move Three
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit enters Region3
  • Conditions
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
  • Actions
  • Set Point = (Center of Region4)
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To Point
This works dota like unit movest to a point, when reaches that point moves to another point. trigger originaly posted by (i forgot who it was, if author knows that this is his work, he sfhould get the credit).

HF -BR-

Level 2
Yeah. I'm pretty new. So I'll just ask ^^. Should I also give +rep to people if their advice didn't help?

Level 5
you can only give rep when you have rep yourself anyway (well, you can give rep but it won't count for anything)

Level 29
Bubba, im pretty sure points in regions (center AND random) do not leak as I tested constantly ordering a unit to move to center/random point in a region with about 120k or more orders and it didn't lag a bit.

I think this is because a region already has all the coordinates of it and you just select 2 random reals/integers.
Just my own theory though lol.

Level 5
its not BerZeKeR who did it either lol. If you look at the bottom of his post, it was originally posted by someone he can't remember lol.

Level 3
Bubba, im pretty sure points in regions (center AND random) do not leak as I tested constantly ordering a unit to move to center/random point in a region with about 120k or more orders and it didn't lag a bit.

I think this is because a region already has all the coordinates of it and you just select 2 random reals/integers.
Just my own theory though lol.
As far as I know points always leak. Any point variable should be removed after use.

Status
Not open for further replies.