• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I customized some attack types in world editor so because of it I tried to adjust the tooltips in Game Interface but even when I change all 3 of the options in game they still stay the same.

Can anybody enlighten me, because I'm at a loss.

Level 3
In the Gameplay Interface section sometimes there are multiples. Namely for medium armor. You have to go through the entire list and ensure that ALL of them are changed to make sure you're getting the correct ones. Keep scrolling down until you find the others.

Level 2
I did change all of them even look at the raw data form to make sure that I changed the ones with _V0C and _V0M but in game it still was the same.

Level 2
If your Warcraft III is not the same locale as your OS maybe there is some localization conflict occurring? In theory the strings support localization in the form of localized files inside the MPQ.
Well I didn't changed the default path for installation and it is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III so I didn't think that would be the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well I didn't changed the default path for installation and it is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III so I didn't think that would be the problem.
That has nothing to do with OS localization, although judging by the path you are using an English OS and probably an English install so this should not be a problem.

Change this part in the file below (or find the file yourself in the mpq archive if you prefer).

Code:
[CmdAttack]
Tip=|cffffcc00A|rttack
Ubertip="Orders your units to move to the target area, and attack any enemy units they see on the way. If you order them to attack a specific unit, your units will ignore other enemy units and will attack the targeted unit until it is destroyed."
Hotkey=A

Then import it into your map with the name/path:
"Units\CommandStrings.txt"

Attachments

• CommandStrings.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 51
Level 2
Change this part in the file below (or find the file yourself in the mpq archive if you prefer).

Code:
[CmdAttack]
Tip=|cffffcc00A|rttack
Ubertip="Orders your units to move to the target area, and attack any enemy units they see on the way. If you order them to attack a specific unit, your units will ignore other enemy units and will attack the targeted unit until it is destroyed."
Hotkey=A

Then import it into your map with the name/path:
"Units\CommandStrings.txt"

Hmm, Now I understand but I don't think this'll solve my problem. I'm not adjusting Attack Command but rather The tooltips in Attack types such as Magic, Normal, Siege, etc. For some reason the tooltips does not change in game even when I change all the related files in the Game Interface part.

Status
Not open for further replies.