• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gameplay Interface - Armor Type Tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I decided to modify all of the damage type and armor type tooltips in Gameplay Interface to show the exact modifiers for each damage type in the map. However, it isn't working.

For example, this is how the tooltip is supposed to look
Light armor modifiers: Normal +50%, Gunpowder +33%, Pierce +16%

This is how it actually shows up ingame.
Light armor modifiers: Normal +50%

Any ideas what is causing this? It's not the commas because the default tooltips contain commas too. It's not a length restriction because the default tooltips are much longer then mine. It's not the percent signs because I tried removing them and the same thing happened.
What is going on?

Level 11
Try to write all inside notepad and just copy whole line there.

Try to write that on some other field, copy whole field, and paste it to that field, then reset other field.

If none will work, use above. Extract that from mpq. Change , and import inside map and make same path as it was inside mpq.

Level 6
I already did the first two. I guess I'll try the third one now.

Edit:
Thanks, it works perfectly now!
By the way, does anyone know why there are three tooltips for each one, and what the difference is?

{EDIT}
Ug, it looks like im gonig to have to reimport war3mapSkin.txt every time, because the world editor overwrites it when saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Any ideas what is causing this? It's not the commas because the default tooltips contain commas too. It's not a length restriction because the default tooltips are much longer then mine. It's not the percent signs because I tried removing them and the same thing happened.
What is going on?

It could be the commas, like for buffs if in the discription you put a comma it just ends the text there and the rest doesn't show.

Lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.