• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack speed of assasin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all i never liked the attack speed of assasin at the version 1.2A(8) since it was way too fast. I never used daggers for that minor %10 attack speed which i think never worked properly. With D4 coming i am sure zwielb tried to reduce attack speed with stat formulas etc.
Now lets come to 1.2A(10). In this version attack speed is very slow for a level 50 assasin.I think other classes also get affected by this but since assasin and bards are only good for their atk speed and physical attacks, i wanted to talk about assasins (f.ck bards). Thing is i tried to get every atk speed increase item (%15 and %10 givers witchslayer and another offhand one), i picked %10 atk speed bonus perks. And my atk speed is still very slow. Is this intentional since there will be some quests that gives other perks and these new forged items. I also checked the level 1 thief attack speed it doesn't seem wrong but there is only a little change from level 1 to level 50.
I also dont know if someone also posted a thread about this. Sorry if someone already did. If not i want to know your thoughts about this.

Level 7
Yep Assassin, Bard, and Monk all need base Aspd buffs.

I was doing some testing last night trying to gather some data on approximate DPS rate of all the characters on the dummy targets. I think I'll go ahead and make a thread posting the numbers I found and comparing the results.

Level 7
The answer is simple:
- 1.2A(8) uses standart Warcraft III attack speed formula and each AGI point increases attack speed by fixed % amount (around 2% I think). Also base attack cooldown is pretty low, around 2 seconds. And add to it bonuses from items. (15% dagger, 15% offhand at least)
- 1.2A(10) overrides standart bonuses from AGI with new formula, now attack speed increased only with AGI bonuses from items. So higher your base stats -> higher AGI bonus from items needed to keep attack speed bonus from AGI at same level. Plus base AGI value now higher than in 1.2A(8). Also base attack cooldown increased to around 3 seconds. Only bonuses from items not changed.

Here is a graph how time between attacks changes with attack speed increase. So, if you attack once per 3 seconds, with 100% aspd you will attack 2 times per 3 seconds and with 200% - 3 times per 3 seconds.
142266d1420886881-questions-about-aspd-spell-haste-mechanics-alternativehastecastingreduction.png

Summing up:
1.2A(8) - fast base attack and incredibly high attack speed from AGI. (200%+ aspd with 2 seconds attack cooldown = less than 0,7 second for each attack)
1.2A(10) - normal base attack and new formula for attack speed, now item bonuses and talents have a greater impact. (~60% aspd with 3 seconds attack cooldown = ~2 seconds attack cooldown, attack speed of starting character in 1.2A(8) )

tl;dr: Melee classes were nerfed in 1.2A(10), casters also nerfed, because they now use same formula for cast speed as fighters for melee.

Level 4
Before attack speed was too OP. You could play Assassin and DPS just with auto-attacks which was taking away the value of *using skills to DPS* from the class.
I like it more now cause skills really DO MATTER if u want to DPS. I love it. BUT! i think the attack speed of Assassin, Monk and maybe Bard still need a little boost considering the fact that we are lvl 50 (maxed).

Last edited:
Level 1
Well the thing is assasin is not OP. I think people miss a point when playing assasin. I never seen an assasin doing non-stop damage on a boss (of course we all were 50 level and max gear so every boss died before we could actually play) or a crowded place while opening ultimate skill. Because of this we have a skill that makes aggro % drop. Because of this we have a perk that gives us movement speed.You think movement speed was just to run around your friends and mock them? As an assasin you will take more of the aggro with your little armor and you need to survive somehow. But the assasin now has no chance of getting aggro from any creature in game. Even with active skills assasin cannot maintain his dps. Even our 50 level perk is about attack speed (the first one) I think what assasin needs is attack speed and less damage to balance with other classes. Also i tried monk now and it lacks the same attack speed property as assasins. And monks doesn't have a base damage like assasins. Monks also have a attack speed relying skill body and mind. These skills (or perks) that rely on attack speed should be considered. We are all 50 level and i don't think the endgame gear will make too much difference in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.