• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Attack never miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I try to make a passive spell that make the hero's attack never miss(even when the target has 100% evasion). I try to use the Bash's ability as base skill but it only occur when the Bass occur, not all of the attack. Can anyone help me plz?

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I have tested it. It works. However, when I put it into a spell book and disable the spell book, it doesnt work any more. Anyone know how to fix it?
EDIT: It work when I set it at 100% Crit, but doesnt work when I set the never miss field to true. >.<. And in my map, I dont want a hero to have 100% crit. TT.TT

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
No. Only the Bass ability and a Critical Strike. I dont think they overrides the other because I have played a map which has an item that make u has 20% chances to create a ministun on a target on attack and it make ur attack nevermiss too.

Level 33
Bash and Critical Strike doesn't stack in terms of 'Never Miss'.

True Strike
It's important to know that both Bash and Critical Strike are basically the same skill using different settings, Critical Strikes with a factor lower than 1.0x will not interfere with other Critical Strikes, and all Bashes have a factor of 0x by default (using 0x as a damage factor will make you deal 1x damage without the red number) , creating the interaction explained above. The ability True Strike from MKB is a good example of this, It uses the setting "Never miss" which makes it disregard evasion, blind (from Laser, Whirling Axes, etc.) and others,and it uses a 0x damage factor so it has no stacking issues with other Critical Strikes. True Strike will follow the "Bash" setting on the main table.

Source: http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/Orb_Effects

Look at the most lower section of that page.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Yes. But I try them separately: 1st time, I try to use only the Bash ability and set the nevermiss to true, it doesnt work. 2nd time, I use only Critical Strike and nevermiss to true, it doesnt work neither >.<.

It work when I set it at 100% Crit, but doesnt work when I set the never miss field to false.

-->well, you set the never miss to false so your unit can now miss...

and of course MKB doesn't interfere with CS because that is based on bash anyway which has a 0x factor by default...

so from that post, MKB is based on CS, have 100% chance, has a 0x factor so it won't interfere with other CS...

from all that, I think we can assume that Never Miss only activates if the bash/critical activates... which explains why they used that set-up for MKB which basically makes the unit activate critical strike for it's normal attacks...

Level 33
I've experimented few things and here's the results (both abilities is set to Never Miss);
1. Critical Strike with 100% chance to proc will never hit an enemy with 100% evasion.
2. Bash with 100% chance to proc will hit an enemy with 100% evasion.
3. Bash with non-100% chance to proc will only hit enemy unit with 100% evasion if the proc occurs, else, it will become 'miss'.

In DotA, I think they separate the ability to counter result #3.
In DotA, there's 25% chance to proc 100 bonus damage and stuns the target for 0.01s, right ?
But that bonus won't proc on 100% at all times, this is something they code to counter it.
I don't know how, more experiments coming (if I'm not lazy).

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Actually, the bass has 40% occur and ministun by 0.01s. It's a default ability for MKB. But I dont know how they make it nevermiss all attack. >.<.
EDIT: I need an ability like Sniper's Headshot but having True Strike, not only true strike man. :D

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
So if I make a bass with 0s dur, 100% proc and nevermiss true, it will become true strike, right? Then I'll just need to code a bass ability?

Level 33
The test was carried out several times so you should believe it, else I kill you haha ^_^.
Just do what Adiktuz mentioned, give the unit a 100% Bash (to gain True Strike) and about the bonus damage, ministun, you have to code it yourself (trigger).

Level 2
I agree with the Bash ability having 100% chance and never miss set to true = True Strike ability. I just tested it out (gave my unit bash ability 100% proc and make it attack a unit with evasion 100% proc) My attacks never missed. It works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.