• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Astral sea

Erkan Presents

Astral sea
Created by Erkan

Map Info:

"The Astral sea is a place full of mysteries and magic. But beware, those who lives here don't like newcomers."

Features:

-4 Gold Mines (Starting= 15000 golds & Expension= 12500 golds)
-2 Goblin Merchants
-2 Waygates
-2 Taverns

Creeps camps:
-6 green camps
-4 orange camps
-2 red camps

Screenshots:

230313-albums6576-picture71600.jpeg

230313-albums6576-picture71598.jpeg

230313-albums6576-picture71599.jpeg

Change Log:

-Map uploaded

-Stone bridges replaced by force/magic bridges.
-Areas near the shops and waygates are now a little bigger.
-Add more doodads.

Credits:

-wertyn (for the space texture)

Author's notes:

This is just a simple 1v1 melee map with underground tilset and also my first melee map. Please Tell me your opinion about it and what can be improved.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Space, Underground, Astral, Sea, Melee, 1v1
Contents

Astral sea (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet12:31, 7th July 2013 Map Approved Astral sea (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet12:31, 7th July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Astral sea (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Total game view is incredible, its like an altered universe where cold and space and magic meets to collide, I like the idea of demons and wizards as creep camps, more over creep difficulty is fair and same goes to the neutral buildings and intact player addtives."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is wonderful but somehow some creep areas such as the goblin merchant, way gates, and gnoll creep out spots is too tight, hailing down numbers will have a hard time dealing damage to those creeps still can be useful."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my conclusion, just expand a bit more on those tight places and everything else is fine, a recommended map for melee players and all alike."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/1587%B

Review of Astral sea
By Legal_Ease
Comments
This is a nice piece of work. An amazing first map. Please don't look at my first. The feeling is very dreamlike and has a sleepy netherland thing going on.

The Pros
-balanced creeps and shop locations.
-good use of doodads.
-Nice transition with bridges and tiles.
-of course I love the sky!

Suggested Improvements
-Its a bit flat, and some subtle slopes would look nice. I know it can't get too crazy because of how the map works but a touch of the raise/lower brush might be nice.
-Add game screenshots to the description.

Overall Rating
4/5, +rep. This is unique and very visually pleasing.

Level 7
First of all thanks for the feedbacks.

The use of bridges is not really necessary. They detract someone from the immersion. I would use the glowing "magic" bridge model if you're heart is set on them.

I will see what it looks like to replace the stone bridges by the force bridges. I don't use them really often so I didn't think to use them when I made the map.

some parts the path are very very very small and uncofortable, you cant go with an hero and 5 footmans and figth the market or the waygates confortable, you have to use more misile units and except the nigth elves the other races are melee with the first unit, footman, necrophage and grunt

-and the path are to small that you have the no good idea of put those farols and trees in the midle of the small path, i sugest remove them and put them in other part were they wont disturb
-you can make the path more big, you have space, i sugest that too, i beg that for a nice play.
-and second Legal Ease, flat, thats not nice in the wild terrain,

I am currently trying to make paths bigger in some areas and I have fixed the shops and waygates. I have initially tried to make hills with the raise/lower tool but I ended with some weird results, I will make another try.