• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assigning Movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I suppose this might be a stupid question, but how does one go about assigning movement to various models? For example, i make or edit a model and when i export it and convert it back to mdx, it doesn't have any motion but stand (and that doesn't really work either). So yea...how does one go about assigning movements to models?

Level 22
After you edit a model and save it, it does not write all the original info that the original .mdx had. You have to convert your edited model to an .mdl PASTE all the information regarding to placement if verticles into the ORIGINAL model and THAT is the one you upload into maps. If you upload the actual model you edited in the model editor, of course it's not going to work....
-VGsatomi

Level 22
Each geoset has two sets of identicle verticle data, one is the actual geoset, the other is simply the norms. When you edit and save a model, it saves the new locations of the verticles. You simply have to copy that info and paste it into the original .mdl (because when you have an mdx it excludes a lot of info that will prevent the model from working). ONLY paste the geoset info into the original .mdl, NOT the norms. If you hit ctrl-f and type in geosets when editing the mdl, it will take you to each of the geosets. (different models have different numbers of geosets). Some other sites have totorials for this, I suggest seeking them out. Try warcraft III warehouse.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.