• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassinate the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Assassinate the King

Map Outline

Assassinate the King is a Hero Arena style game with a twist. On one side there is obviously the team of Assassins, their objective is to kill the King in an allotted amount of time. The other side is the King's Royal Guard, they must protect him until the city can be made secure and the Assassins flushed out. The entire map is based in an interactive city and a sewer system.

Testers

Feeble
Slizzin[DA]
Viva_La_Vandeta
LeoLionHeart

Development Process

Terrain/Doodads: Complete until final tweaks.
Heroes: 75%
- Generic Heroes Complete
- Custom Heroes 10%
Items: 0% - No items
Gameplay: 80% - Needs minor tweaks and Items.
Units: Complete

Screenshots:
BanditTown.jpg

Cathedral.jpg

BanditSquare.jpg

Sewer1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
sounds interesting, could become a real good map...
you just need to make sure heroes are balanced and so, especially the guard and assassins have to be equal strong and similar difficulty so players wont prefer one team over the other. good idea, i like it, but you should make side missions that give extra time, that'd be a good idea...

Level 6
This sounds as a really nice idea. You should really edit your post Mahulag, and give us more information about the game. Since the terrain is completed, why not attach some screenshots?

I think whats most important (except for the balance, as Kult said) is that you should really feel like sneaking around as an assasin. Not running around wind walking and backstabbing all the time. To make it quite realistic you could let the guards have a Magic Sentry based ability, but with a really low aoe, say 200. In that way, they always spot assasins if they come to close.
Just an idea.
And i could give you one or two ideas for items if you want.

Level 2
Great ideas, i'm just concentrating on getting it all working and getting the first version released, then adding to it. Last night I sat down and added 21 new generic heroes and 8 new custom heroes to both sides, going to finish up their custom abilities today and then test it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.