1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Asphalt Roads (city)

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by .KC, Jan 12, 2008.

1. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Asphalt Roads (city) [Updated]

Hi all.

I want to show you my asphalt roads, that I will use in my campaign. Right now the screenshots are pretty empty. I just wanted to hear your opinion of my roads. I will do signs, trashs, buildings, and all the other things a city needs.

The roads still need some stripes. But they are close to be finish.
    All the textures are from www.AmazingTextures.com, and edited by me.
    PS: The tiles also need more work.

[UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE]

I added road stripes in the middle of the road! does it look good/normal?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. money-meow

money-meow

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have to add more details, and doodads, but that is a good skin. Can you give it to me?

3. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have only finished 8 models, so I cant add any doodads yet. The doodads in warcraft dosent really fit to this theme:razz:

What skin does you mean? These roads contains 8 models and 4 skins.

4. money-meow

money-meow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well can I have all of those? XD Also what is the map going to be about? Sounds cool, like being in modern time, that is always cool. Can I beta test the map when it get's playable.

5. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is a really awesome skin/model (whatever it is). Did you make it? If so, go quickly to the skinning/modelling forum and post it!

6. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Upload it in this thread plz! :smile:

7. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well I wrote the link to the website where I got all the textures. I think its the asphalt road you want most. Here is the direct link:

http://amazingtextures.com/textures...75&sessionid=dfbb281f617ab24b485713503218177b

Yes this will be in mordern time, so I got alot of models I need to done.

The story isnt 100% finish/sure. But you are a soilder who is called out to a mysterius civilien war in a city with your team to stop it. People in the city attacking each other, and you will soon discover that there is something completly wrong. A virus have braked out and everyone who gets infected will turn into zombies. Now you need to prevent the virus is spreding.

You need to watch your teammates back so they also dont get infected.

The map will be singleplayer because of the big file size. And im planning making a campaign out of this.
    I wont have any beta version the next 2-3 months, if I ever get one. Its a really big project.

Thank you:D Its both skins and models. I downloaded the skins and edited them, but the models is 100% made by me. They are not 100% finish yet, and im not
    sure if I will upload them. I will use them in my campaign. But the most campaigns/maps wont see the days light, so there is a chance I upload them

8. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    +rep

Very good road. Maybe one of the best I've ever seen. I'd post it in the models/texture section.

9. seruk

seruk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Very nice skin indeed, and you've used it very well. But you shouldn't had posted it on the Terrain Board - Home of the Ignorant, the Skinning section would be better I reckon.

10. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks you very much. I decided to upload it when its 100% finish.

Thanks:D Yes it was a mistake to post it here since its not a terrain. I should have posted it in the skinning/model section. So if any administrator read this please move it to the right section.

11. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool skin, finally some modern thingies for war3. You should spread these things otherwise people like me will have to look for ages and dont find anything but this rocks!

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since this is not about showing off your terrain skills and just to show your texture work on making a tileset, I moved this thread to the Artists Section.

*MOVED*

~Craka_J

13. LiOneSS

LiOneSS

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yo .kc if you want i can help you with the doodads.. just pm me :D

14. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I tried to upload the models in the model section, but I dont know how to upload a model pack.
    So now I just uploaded here.

Attached Files:

15. sk8er754

sk8er754

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thats very clean and cool looking. Much better then my asphalt rode I made awhile ago.

16. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So they're basically CnP?

17. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes the textures are:D with a very small edit by me. But the models are 100% by me.

18. robot-dude

robot-dude

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In your map if you are using them and i suggest you set

Walkable: False
    to
    Walkable: True

So you can walk over the curve, and release a pavement :p