• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[ask] about size art scaling value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
i'm sorry if i wrong section. i want to ask. anyone know how to restore default size of model at trigger?

for example A in object editor has size 1.5 scaling value.
in trigger i change it to 0. then i want to restore it back in trigger to 1.5. if only one unit. i can. how if i restore 100 unit which different scale ( i dont know how @@)

thanks for reading

Level 3
I'm not sure if this works, coz I don't have WE here and can't test it.

But I guess you should be able to store the scaling value of each unit in variable(s). Then you could make a trigger kinda like this:
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in <your region/map/group> and do
      • Actions
        • if/then/else multi actions
          • condition
            • unit-type of (picked unit) equal to <your unit>
          • then
            • set scaling of (picked unit) to <variable scale for that unit>
But as I said, I don't know if it works.. Don't know if you can store scaling values in variables even.

Level 30
You need to explain exactly what you want to do. As far as I understood, you want that one specific unit in the map has it's size changed. Then, after some time or event, it should restore to original value.

Well, I suggest you to use bloodlust. You can set how much it increases size and duration of it, so it can easily do the job. Of course, on certain actions, you just remove the Bloodlust buff from a unit to restore it's original size.

Level 7
  • Animation - Change Your Unit's size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
this should work if you all of your units scale value in object editor is 1 of not then this makes this bit bigger trigger

Level 13
Wait, do you mean, like a certain skill when casted to enemy in an area will make their scaling value to 0 and when the buff is gone they revert back to normal scaling value of 1?

yes. but not revert back to 1 but revert back scaling like in object editor.
you know if different enemy with random scaling, 2, 5, 4, 3 for example. we cant back revert all to 1. it weird

@D3athM3at : yes if the enemy default warcraft 1. how if random scaling for many unit. how to reset back like editor object

Level 7
something like this:
  • Animation - Change Your Unit's size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Unit-type of Your Unit) Equal to Your Hero
    • Then - Actions
      • Animation - Change Your Unit's size to (x%, x%, x%) of its original size
    • Else - Actions

Level 6
something like this:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Unit-type of Your Unit) Equal to Your Hero
    • Then - Actions
      • Animation - Change Your Unit's size to (x%, x%, x%) of its original size
    • Else - Actions

like that, and if the units you set in object editor which have the scaling value of 2, 3 .... 10. set the x value, D3athM3at introduced, to 100 = 1, 2 = 200 ... so on and so forth..

Status
Not open for further replies.