1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Asian Garden

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by tobyfat50, Sep 19, 2011.

1. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

UPDATES

Updated on 05-03-2012
    Under development!
    Story in progress
    Systems in progress
    The terrain is Complete - check "Final stage of development" for screenshot
    s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION

I`am working on a Campaign caled "Asian Garden" originally intended to be a multiplayer map.
    (More detailed description of the project on the next update)

Theme: Samurai Fighting Arts

~for singleplayer~
    - 3rd person camera - USED (Advanced Camera, Keyboard & Movement System)
    - Keyboard Control Fighting system
    - Jump system
    - Collision system
    - Lots of heroes

Map size: 20 MB

NEED SOME HELP

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

STORY - Updated
    spoiler
    This is the fictional country of Asia, the largest country on the continent Sakura. It is a country where various tribes and bloodlines fight and also coexist; samurai, ninjas, chinaman, wizards and priests.
    Ten years ago a new race was born from the earth, the demons. This race spread and evolved like a plague wreaking havoc in the country but as time passed and the evil race continue to evolve, it seeded a new being that wasn't controlled by the Overmind of the demons, thus with a mind of its own it rebelled against the Overmind and succeeded in destroying it. A period of peace and prosperity arise, a time when progress was rising. The old demon race was replaced with a new one which was half demon and half human which also coexisted with the other races in the country.

You are Jin-hetso the son of Gei-hetso a imperial general that was murdered in imperial camp, charged of been a traitor. From that moment on your family is exiled and live as outcasts.
    You have being recruited into the rebel army. Your first task is to prove your self, you start in the mountains ,and you need to find a city of Giuho.

God have mercy on my writing!

UNITS - Updated
    spoiler
    Jin - one sword style samurai
    Abilities:
    Holy Regeneration
    Your Hero will Regenerate Hp And Mana Faster Than Normal For 3 Seconds.
    Swords justice
    Stabbing the enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target.
    Call Of Stars
    Jin calls wave of flaming stars using his sword, dealing damage to enemy units in an area.
    Lightning Shield
    Your 3rd Attacks Will Cause A Chain Lightning Hitting Up Enemies Dealing Damage
    Mirror Image
    Confuses the enemy by creating 2 illusions of Jin and dispelling all magic from him and making him invisible for 5 seconds. The illusion will move to your position once you are attacked or attacking.
    Background:
    coming soon

MODELS
    coming soon

VIDEOS

coming soon
    ---

SCREENSHOTS

(No photoshop used!)
    second stage of development - new version
    Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final stage of development
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'll need to clean this thread up...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dat terrain *.*
    I think it should be in the legendary terrains section.

3. Kithraya

Kithraya

Resources:
    Resources:
    "(No photoshop used!)"

Just additive materials in models? I tried this before and it didn't give the similar effect.
    I think he used on some screenshots Larens flare render effect and lighting filters from Photoshop or other program. Same to shadows. But i'm not sure, so I don't want to complain. I really want to see this house model in my own WE and check it.

Beyond that it looks really great and "clean". God job, and welcome. ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  4. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you and like i said "(No photoshop used!)"
    I am going to upload a tutorial on this and send you the model examples.
    Good luck with your project!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  5. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Also used some glow models!

6. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg I love the terrain, hope to see more information about the game!

7. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Toby Light engine----->example!

Tutorial
    How to add extra light to your map!

[​IMG]

1. Go to material editor and enter the first material, create new material layer in the same material and click ok.

[​IMG]

2. In the 2sd material you crated use same texture and ad additive filter, click ok.

[​IMG]

3.You have 2 material layers in the parent material. 1 is for difuse texture, 2 is the additive (under 1st).

[​IMG]

That`s it! Have Fun!

New! go here -------------------------->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-283/how-add-extra-light-your-map-toby-light-engine-205683/

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  8. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow man...just wow. Your terrain has such great lighting that I have trouble believing that it is playable.

And did you say 3rd person camera with keyboard controls? If you manage to pull this off, I might consider this one of the best maps on wc3 out there!

9. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hope I make it before I die, I don`t have much free time lately!
    If nobody helps me i`m killing the project! R.I.P

10. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    No offense, but the terrain is nothing else than a bunch of rips. Lots of rips. Even the ground tiles are rips. There are nearly no doodads, no vegetation, grass, flowers, anything. The few you have placed look quite missplaced. Also, never, never use the second variaton of the shrub doodad.
    Good luck with it anyway.

11. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok "Fan"...!
    1. you're right, the terrain is a bunch of rips. And yes, they are rips from wow.
    2. of course there are nearly no doodads, no vegetation, grass, flowers because i`ts under development and this are just the first stage screenshots. And while you go around sp bs on other people's work, I decorate the map with doodads, vegetation, grass and flowers.
    3. I have not seen any different tiles or custom trees in your maps that you yourself have done. So that means your using what resources warcraft gives you or a just a bunch of rips. So there is no difference between you and me at that point.
    4. Not all models are rips. Some are made completely by me ex: "temple, the walls, and others...", Made a complete terrain...
    5. wth are you talking about "never use the second variaton of the shrub doodad" :confused: :con:

Point proven - My map is not a rip!

And finally after being a Douchebag I am going to say: "thank you for saying good luck!" If I did wrong or offended you please correct me!

12. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I still like the look of it though.

13. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh! And I do have maps with original tiles and doodads that will knock you down! just didn't upload them yet.

14. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thank you! dl your map!:smile: you new here as well?!

15. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not a big fan of the overly bright color combinations in some areas or the use of default Warcraft doodads/water with the high quality models, but your lighting methods are pretty damn amazing. I've never seen lighting effects used like that before in Warcraft itself. Thanks for posting the tips to add the effect to models, and good luck on your map.

By the way, here's a couple of models that might add to the high quality feel of the terrain:
    Cloud
    Water

16. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think i know what you mean there are some areas that are too bright and in some places it might not look too well, however this is supposed to be a bright map so i may just leave some areas as they are without caring.
    Thank you for the models but i think i am going to pass on the water and clowds for now!

If you want to see someone who uses the same lighting tehniqe and graphics that blow you away look at http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/

17. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    1. Okay. I just don't like it when people simply put a few rips together which are of HQ, and they earn the whole respect of the other users for using wow rips (which is on a site note, not illegal but will mostly will reject your map when you upload it).
    2. It looks good though really. I never said it doesn't look good, and I didn't want to point out your flaws like: OHMFGZ NO VEGETATIONZ HAHAZ THIS SHITZ. The whole point of it was that you should work on it more.
    3. Oh wait let me think no. I don't think of myself as the master of all map makers, nor do I want to be it. But using custom models especially made for wc3 modding is something completly different as using models from other GAMES.
    5. I suggested you that you shouldn't use the secon variaton type of the shrub doodad, I don't see what you don't understand here?

If you didn't realised, my comment was not to put your map down, it was critism, critism to make your map better.
    And I never said your map was a rip wtf.

18. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok "Fan"! you are right! guess i was overreacting a little bit, had a couple of bad days recently and got a litle agressive on something so trivial. Sory!
    guess i'll look into it. The wow models aren't completely identical, the skin is altered a bit, but if it get`s me rejected i think i'll try something different.
    I don't have too much free time recently, so that's why i need someone to help me with my map if not i think i'll try to make it all by my self or if else kill it finaly. i assure you i still got some maps that are completly original and that will knock you of your chair but did`t post them (yet).

I'm not trying to pick a bone with anyone...:hohum:

All comments and criticism are appreciated!:thumbs_up:

19. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It reminds me of Goris' work, in that everyone praises them for beautiful art but in reality it's all ripped from other games. Of course, you only rip from WoW, so you're only stealing from the creators of Warcraft III, and no one else. So that totally excuses you for any wrong-doing, amirite?

20. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lets call them conversion maps. Altho i have a feeling that it's pointless to say it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011