• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garden of Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
GardenOfSpikes.jpg

Past Failures
Garden of Spikes started off as an Arena-like project, which I developed for about 4 months (partial triggering was completed, about 15%, and the terrain was 100% completed) before finally abandoning it. The second attempt at Garden of Spikes was a footmen-style map, that didn't go far, I made it to four heroes and 6 tiers for one race (which isn't much).

Current Description
In the Sundown Crusades (fictional), a fanatical Crusader legion led by Sir Leonard Smith pushed down into the fabled 'Lands of Darkness', which was said to contain fragments of the Reaper Gem, which, when put together, would open a portal unto the heavens. Thus, the legion set forward unto the borders of the Lands of Darkness to recover the fragments of the Reaper Gem. Unfortunately for the Crusaders, they had no idea what was awaiting for them in the forbidden center of the Lands of Darkness... the Garden of Spikes... the hidden and true location of the fabled Underworlds of the ancient Polytheistic religions.

Gameplay Description
The Gameplay will work mostly at a basic RTS level. You train units, harvest ancient materials ('Artifact' resource) from Chapels and Temples deep in the Lands of Darkness, and chop down trees for lumbers to be used to build battle-structures. The Crusaders will train Dismounted Crusaders, Knights Templar, Crusader Archers, Pilgrims, Laborers, Priests, etc. They would work like a standard RTS race, upgrading and training higher-up units to defeat their opponents. The Undead from the Garden of Spikes summon units from Dark Cauldrons, uncover skeletons from Uplifted Structures, and craft massive Monstrosities using the remains of the dead.

Jobs Available

Modeller/Texture Artist (Has to be good at skinning, and icons)
Tile Artist (Just a few tiles would be all that's necessary)
Triggerer/GUI expert (Just to help out at my level)

If you're interested just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.