• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Template 1.1

Reactions: Tasyen
This is an template i have made. It's an Ashenvale forest. You can do whatever you want whit it. if you don't forget to give credits. To me.
For they who don't know what template means:
Tempalte means that yuo can take the map, and make whatever you want whit it, if you give credits to the creater.

Edited by Sporling.

Keywords:
Ashenvale, Template, Warhunter, 565, 94.
Contents

Ashenvale Template 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
01:15, 11th Sep 2008 Septimus: I make a quick review over template. After I view this template through world editor. This template deserve rating 2 (Lacking) Reason of why it deserve rating 2 (Lacking) 1) Lifeless forest (Not even a single...

M

01:15, 11th Sep 2008
Septimus: I make a quick review over template.

After I view this template through world editor. This template deserve rating 2 (Lacking)

Reason of why it deserve rating 2 (Lacking)

1) Lifeless forest (Not even a single stag could be seen.
2) Lack of amount of tree (Failure to provide a forest environment feeling to the people)

Level 17
This terrain needs alot of work...
But at least you took a try.

Take a look at other terrains inside the forums or open up some wc3 meele emaps to check on the terrain to get a good look how it should look like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[+] The few cliffs you made were a good idea but use pathing blockers not trees and rocks. (The rocks can stay though. :p)
[-] Tree's dont grow on rocks.
[-] Terrain texture does not look realistic, bad way of making it blend.
[-] Lack of trees and other natural doodads.
[-] Water part looks unrealistic, (trees in water).
[-] No proper height fields, you only made a few 'cliffs'.
[-] Not enough shrub.
[-] Random doodads like alot of obelisks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Score: 2/5

Level 16
As i said before, i don't have The Frozen Throne right now, and wc3 RoC map editor doesn't have pathing blockers. Or they have, but it's just hide line of sight, no blockers.
And Wc3 RoC doesn't have shrub, so i used wash, or what the name is, and i made the map verry fast, i will maybe update this in future, when i have Wc3 TFT. And then you will see, an good Ahenvale Forest. ;)
(This isn't good)

Level 17
I think templates are always welcome, no matter the quality. People, Warhunter gives away freely time and experience, what is wrong with that? I disagree with Revan and Septimus (although Septimus has two good ideas how to improve it). And don't forget that you can always spice up the map by yourself. +rep for Warhunter.

Level 5
lol guys wtf, i like this map its perfect for my test, i dont wanna test with create a new map who is empty that makes me sad :( now i can load this and if a createt something good i can upload it without terraining the map cause if i wanna release a trigger or something than is this terrain perfekt, not special but not empty, 5/5!