• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Forest Defence v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
One day you were walking through the forest on a nice day with some of your friends when suddenly you were captured and caged by some titan because you were walking on land.

Objective: to escape and survive the wrath of the Titan and not die.

There are 12 races of runners and 4 Titans to choose out of.

All of the runners are easy to use and are all bases but at the start you need to work fast so you don't get killed at the start.

there has been heaps of bugs fixed and you can actualy buy items now.

I have changed the terain to Ashenvale forest terrain so it looks more lively and has a lot more detail in it.

If you going to review this map than please play with other people because this map requires more than one player.

The first version of this map has been rejected because i did not make this vertion fast enough and that is because i am only almost 14 years old and I actually have a life and only world edit for fun sometimes on weekends and have finally found out how to put on a preview screen.

This map has taken me ages to make with many complicated triggers and balancing so I hope you enjoy this map.

Keywords:
Ashenvale, Forest, Defence
Contents

Ashenvale Forest Defence v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
18:43, 15th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Basically this is a bad version of a tag-map: Terrain is low-avarage. Triggers are very bad (inefficient, leaks, do nothing's). Runners are basically CnP's. Spells are quite standard. Very few...

M

18:43, 15th Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Basically this is a bad version of a tag-map:
  • Terrain is low-avarage.
  • Triggers are very bad (inefficient, leaks, do nothing's).
  • Runners are basically CnP's.
  • Spells are quite standard.
  • Very few different buildings (multiuple upgrades though).

Gonna check. Also use BB codes and post some screenies for us. I also remember this map and i've seen you have put lots of more work into it and terrain is improved.

Map check: Hmm maybe insert some more critters and doodads in the map. The gold steal bug is still there (where you can't steal gold). One of the reasons this was rejected war probably because of the tiny amount of buildings you are able to build. Seriously? I mean, a barricade, a lumber collection area, a tower, and an upgrade center. People will easily get bored when they play your map.

Overall: Meh, do what I say and this will be a fine map.

Last edited:
Your description is really bad, no one will download your map if they don't know what to do or what to expect to find in your map!

Let me show ya something!

One day you were walking through the forest on a nice day with some of your friends when suddenly you were captured and caged by some titan because you were walking on land.

All of the runners are easy to use and are all bases but at the start you need to work fast so you don't get killed at the start.

there has been heaps of bugs fixed and you can actualy buy items now.

I have changed the terain to Ashenvale forest terrain so it looks more lively and has a lot more detail in it.

If you going to review this map than please play with other people because this map requires more than one player.

The first version of this map has been rejected because i did not make this vertion fast enough and that is because i am only almost 14 years old and I actually have a life and only world edit for fun sometimes on weekends and have finally found out how to put on a preview screen.

This map has taken me ages to make with many complicated triggers and balancing so I hope you enjoy this map.

DeathChef Presents

Ashenvale Forest Defence v1.1
Created by DeathChef

there has been heaps of bugs fixed and you can actual
ly buy items now.

I have changed the ter
rain to Ashenvale forest terrain so it looks more lively and has a lot more detail in it.

The first version of this map has been rejected because i did not make this ver
sion fast enough and that is because i am only almost 14 years old and I actually have a life and only world edit for fun sometimes on weekends and have finally found out how to put on a preview screen.

Your description is poor even in improved form because you still miss:

Map Info:
Explain even more what is goal in your map!
How to play what to do!
Features:
Explain game modes if you created some!
Same for difficulties!
Post comment about each system that you use in your map
etc etc
Screenshots and Videos:
Post some pictures about epic terrain, gameplay, awesome spells etc etc
Change Log:
What is changed in this version!
What you want to add in incoming one etc etc
Credits:
Give nice credits to all people who helped you...
Author's Notes:
Post something more about your map, useful links etc etc...

Improve this description first, so I can review your map!