• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Army Of Darkness (v.1.5)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: bear_369
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis (The Book Of The Dead) is rumored to be seen at the local shops of Assville, not far away from the Central Cementary. Others say it is owned by yellow Acolytes guarding the gold mines. Find it and claim the power!

The map is a 2on2 map, which can also be used for 1on1 and FFA battles.
The special gimmick of the map is the Book Of Dead. It has a 25% chance to drop at the natural expos and a 20% chance at the shops.

Note please:

- the natural expos are relatively hard to creep (careful humans)
- the book of dead is a common item (it is not the most balanced item, but it adds dynmaics to the gameplay...something fresh :) )
- Undead players can easy block the base (with 2 zigs, one altar and either crypt/shop/grave)
- goblin lab is guarded by dangerous water element -> it can cast frostnova
- it is best for 2on2 games

Update:
The map has been set to nornmal melee-mode and given a version number: v.1.5

Goblin lab added (instead of red spot)

Bugs with the creeps aggro fixed.

Wind removed (clear vision)

Keywords:
Central, Cementary, Dark, Crappy, Army, Of, Darkness, Michael Jackson, Thriller, Ash, Boomstick, Evil Dead, GuessWho?
Contents

Army Of Darkness (v.1.5) (Map)

Reviews
14:31, 6th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus Moderation NoteWhat you need to do: The site Map Sumbission Rules says that a map needs to have a "good detailed description on the Hive". Your map does not follow this rule as it doesn't provide any screenshots...

M

14:31, 6th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note
storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
The site Map Sumbission Rules says that a map needs to have a "good detailed description on the Hive".
Your map does not follow this rule as it doesn't provide any screenshots.
It doesn't have a very appealing look either. You should update it, or players won't want to try it out.

For now, map status is set to Awaiting Update until you fix a decent description.
You have a working description on your other map "trinity". Just make it look somewhat like that one.

Level 18
It's a great melee map. The terrain is gorgeous and feels very comfortable.

I would probably change the name though. A name like "Army of Darkness" creates certain expectations - like finding a magic book that has custom trigger settings to give you a gigantic undead army when you pick it up or something. (Personal experience.) Or the more conventional expectation, a map based on the Evil Dead series.

There's really nothing to complain about here. This map is, for all technical purposes, flawless.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note
storywritingart.gif
What you need to do:
The site Map Sumbission Rules says that a map needs to have a "good detailed description on the Hive".
Your map does not follow this rule as it doesn't provide any screenshots.
It doesn't have a very appealing look either. You should update it, or players won't want to try it out.

For now, map status is set to Awaiting Update until you fix a decent description.
You have a working description on your other map "trinity". Just make it look somewhat like that one.

Level 2
Don't think melee maps need a discription at all...

Also please - take a note - nobody will play it anyway, if I do not submit it to some still active "pros". If a map is not used for leagues - it will be forgotten.

I do not create maps for causal warcraft 3 players, I always try to create a "league" map if that makes any sense. So basicly - this is just a plattform to send download links. :)

Level 26
So basicly - this is just a plattform to send download links.
Ah, in that case you can use the Pastebin
Just upload your map here, and anyone you give the link to can go get it there.
Another good option might be the map development forum.

If you don't plan to develop it further or add a description, I recommend we reject it, and you can use one of the options above instead.

Level 2
Ah, in that case you can use the Pastebin
Just upload your map here, and anyone you give the link to can go get it there.
Another good option might be the map development forum.

If you don't plan to develop it further or add a description, I recommend we reject it, and you can use one of the options above instead.

:D

my god...such a no brainer to me... rejecting a quality map for the lack of a screenshot. f..hypocrite.

Level 26
AdjektivMusic, I'm only trying to uphold the site rules.
The rejection is not because it is a bad map, but because it lacks the basic requirements stated in the site rules. If you cannot accept that without getting mad, I suggest you find another site to keep your map.
Epicwar lets you upload maps without a description or context if that is what you are looking for. The Hive does not.