• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Armies of Exigo - the new RTS of the millennium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi folks,
I came here to share with you my feeling about a new RTS game named Armies of Exigo.
The game was developed by a group of ex-StarCraft pro-gamers and some hardcore RTS players.

Armies of Exigo is a fantasy RTS in which the combats take place on 3 different levels at the same time: underground, ground and air combats.

In the world of Exigo, where peace and prosperity have reigned for years, the Empires of man and beast face their greatest threat yet. A sinister force known as The Fallen has awaken to strike where the inhabitants of this world least expect - from underground. For more information about the game history please check Armies of Exigo Tactics website.

You have the choice between 3 totally different races: the Empires, the Beast and the Fallen.
Each of the races has unique units and unique spells. The game graphics are simply amazing: units are so well detailed :) and the best of that is that it doesn’t affect you game experience with more lag for instance :).

For those who like playing a single player, doing the campaign or simply training some strategies vs a computer, I’ve got to tell you that Black Holes teams raised the AI level at a level as high as never seen before! Playing the campaign on hard or a melee game versus computer is now a really good challenge.

For the adepts of the game in a multiplayer mode (like me :)), you will be more than satisfied. The gameplay is a mixture between the well known games: StarCraft and Age of Empires. From the other side, it provides special features that enable you to get into a strategic depth and create a unique gameplay. Each unit has a viable counter unit (more then one in most cases) and many options to go with.

The game is geared towards the hardcore RTS player and is a very micro/macro intensive game with close combat! Even in mirror matches you will find that many players use very different BO's (Build Orders) for whatever strategy they are going for.

You can get much more information about this game by visiting www.aoxtactics.com .
There you can exchange ideas and opinions on the forums, download replay games, read articles, and learn about the upcoming prize tournaments and the Armies of Exigo Tactics daily news. To make it easier for you Armies of Exigo Tactics has compiled several direct links:

Community Website: www.aoxtactics.com
Developer Website: www.blackholegames.com
Official website: www.aox.ea.com
Download Multiplayer/Single demos and patches: www.aoxtactics.com

The community is growing at a big pace every day, and I hope to play a good game vs you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.