• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Empire Wars 2.0 NexGen (RTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Empire Wars 2.0 NexGen
Real Time Strategy

My brother and I, is working on this new RTS, which is a follow up to the old Empire Wars map. (Made in 2007, sucky terrain and spelling etc.) After playing it for fun over B.net, celebrating that we now were able to host maps online, me and my older brother decided to create a 2.0, with new terrain, units, storyline and triggers. I hope it will become a success, and somehow, i think it will because people we played the old version with, liked the gameplay alot.

The Game
When you enter the game lobby on B.net or LAN etc, you will see which teams you may choose from, so when you start the game, your on that team. There are 4 teams, at the size of 2 players.
Here is the races:

The Dwarves of Njordheim
The Farstrider Taurens
The Thundermaw Trolls
The Ogre war-clan

So, the four races is actually equally. So players choose what they want, after what they think is coolest. Though, there is one thing that makes the different races stand out. And that is the..

Race Perks

The different races, has different perks. So all dwarf units, has the dwarven perk called thoughness. For example, this perk will increase all dwarven units armor by 2. Else, there is nothing that makes the different races from eachother.

Win and Loose

You have a king for each race. When this hero is killed, YOU will loose, not your whole team. But even though, your hero has too stay alive, we haven't made him a god. We think that RTS games, where you can put down a whole army with your hero is kinda sucks. So what wer're gonna do to balance this game, is we just give the heroes the same abilities (Of course not the same name, model, icon or voice), by saying this i mean, spells that will support your troops greatly in combat. Not spells like.. Stormbolt.. or Shadow Strike. We mean, AoE holy light, Ressurection (or how the f*** it's spelled xD). We think this will give it a more "RTS feeling", fighting with alot of warriors, and just have the heroes in the back, healing and ressing.

Game Facts

Map supports 8 players online, 4 teams.
4 different races.
8 different heroes.
A hopefully new kind of RTS.
Well balanced gameplay.
A project that will be finished. We are nearly done, just need the troll terrain, setting up the trolls units, and getting the last triggers to work.

Screenshots
We haven't made any. They will be up very soon :)

Map by Moosenoir and Dr.Dortmund
Presented by Moosenoir
________
GracefulDoll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.