• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Argent Crusade Doodad Pack

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
The strong and sturdy walls of the Argent Crusade!

Both the wall, round tower and wall tower, models use all in game textures.

Fully opensource, feel free to edit and use as you like, please do attribute though!

Keywords: Argent, Crusade, Argent Crusade, Argent Dawn, Lights Hope Chapel, Wall, Horizontal, Tower, Hub, Medieval, Doodad, Prop, Human, World of Warcraft, European, Civilization,

P.S. First ever model! Thanks to Herrdave for the mentoring!

Changes:
- 2022/04/19: Edited UV mapping on Round Tower roof.
Previews
Contents

Argent Crusade Round Tower (Model)

Argent Crusade Wall (Model)

Argent Crusade Wall Tower (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
As I said before, this pack misses a few more variations and bit. Please add more variations and creative parts to this pack.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
These look great. Well-fitting for the wc3 human aesthetics. Couple of notes:

Off the top of my head, a "single" wall piece (half of what you've got now) would be quite useful to make these more modular.

The roof tile texture of the tower is wrapped around the whole thing from a top-down perspective, which makes it look a bit random in-game. My suggestion: wrap it around each triangle roof face, with the tiles facing down, for a more natural look.

asdf.png

Happy modeling!

Last edited:
Thanks! Do you mean to those specific doodads, or like a set? I'm currently working on the round watch tower as well, but I hadn't thought beyond that yet >.<

Should I also add the additional ones to this specific post?
Just tossing some random ideas for set additions, if you need 'em.

• Upgraded round towers resembling normal human towers (guard, cannon, arcane)
  • Half-length wall pieces
  • 1 1/2 length wall pieces
  • Broken/damaged wall pieces
  • Wall pieces with hanging banners
  • Wall piece with a built in portcullis that can function like a gate

Obviously some of these would be more complicated than others and you don't have to do ALL of them, this was just some spitballing to see what sticks. x3

Anyways, great work! Even with just these three, these can be hella useful.

Level 9
Just tossing some random ideas for set additions, if you need 'em.

• Upgraded round towers resembling normal human towers (guard, cannon, arcane)
  • Half-length wall pieces
  • 1 1/2 length wall pieces
  • Broken/damaged wall pieces
  • Wall pieces with hanging banners
  • Wall piece with a built in portcullis that can function like a gate

Obviously some of these would be more complicated than others and you don't have to do ALL of them, this was just some spitballing to see what sticks. x3

Anyways, great work! Even with just these three, these can be hella useful.
Thanks!

This is super helpful! I'm definitely going to do a few of those. I'm particularly interested in making the tower a building. I wanted to start with a doodad with because I find the animations quite intimidating, but I just about finished a boat model which i'm chuffed with (and will upload imminently), so keen to give other stuff a go.

Half length is easy to do, so will do that, also will do a broken version.

Gate and hanging banners i'll think about, but not on the immediate list!

That's

Off the top of my head, a "single" wall piece (half of what you've got now) would be quite useful to make these more modular.

The roof tile texture of the tower is wrapped around the whole thing from a top-down perspective, which makes it look a bit random in-game. My suggestion: wrap it around each triangle roof face, with the tiles facing down, for a more natural look.

Happy modeling!
awesome! Will definitely do.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Level 9
Like the ones you posted for the Argent Crusade, at least.
Feel free to envision more.
Do you mean like changing roof tile colour?

Yeah, I can do that pretty easily.

I am also planning a bunch more buildings and models from that region, many of which would be used by Scarlets.

Happy modeling!
Done, thanks again for the recommendation, does look much better!