• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silver Hand, Scarlet Crusade, & Argent Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand
Scarlet Crusade
Argent Dawn

Ever since I can remember, I loved being a Paladin, such as which I love the story and the lore behind it.
The Ashbringer is one of my most favorite, if not THE favorite part. I was obsessed with finding this back in Classic WoW days.

The biggest confusion to me was ever since I read the facts.
I was always under the impression that after Arthas killed Uther and the paladins of the order, The Silver Hand was disbanded. I then started up WoW and learned of the Scarlet Crusade & the Argent Dawn. After reading and studying Ashbringer, I already understood that the remaining Survivors formed a Crusade, Under the leadership of Alex Morgraine. That Crusade Turned into a organization, thus the Scarlet Crusade was born. After ahile the "only humans allowed, only the Holy light is allowed" BS created tension and ended up breaking off into forming another organization that would allow more then just that, thus the Argent Dawn was created.

When WOTLK came out, and I ditched my Main (at the beginning) to start over as a Death Knight (Who didn't), The Story through me for a loop. The Knights of the Silver Hand and Argent Dawn would form the Argent Crusade!
While I knew from Classic/Vanilla Tirion rose up after his son's death to reform the Knights, I never really met or read any of which he did. So was he a "Highlord" of just himself?

Level 23
"Second War: Tirion Fordring was originally a warrior of Lordaeron and was eventually knighted at the age of 18. He eventually found faith and got closer to the Church of the Light, studying under the guidance of Archbishop Alonsus Faol. At the beginning of the Second War, he was chosen by the Archbishop as one of the four candidates from Lordaeron to start the order of the Knights of the Silver Hand, along with Uther, Saidan Dathrohan, and Turalyon. Tirion battled in the final battle of the Blackrock Spire where he killed an ogre that was about to attack Alexandros Mograine.
After the Second War, he, Saidan, Uther and Gavinrad the Dire were present during a ceremonial of becoming a paladin for Arthas in Stormwind."

Also, Tirion used to be the Lord of Mardenholde Keep, but with his relation with the orc Eitrigg(you can read more in Of Blood and Honor), he was banned from his occupation, Tirion remained in Lordaeron, to watch his son Taelan be inducted into the Silver Hand, and he just returned when the Scourge attacked Light's Hope Chapel(Wrath of the Lich King). And then he became a Highlord.

Level 11
Well, although he and his order were the main offensive against the Lich King, I don't think he can be called of a Highlord, yeah, he united the Knights of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade, but where was he all that time during the Scarlet Crusade behaviors? I'm quite of sure that a great part of the Scarlet would listen to him and follow the true paths of the Light, he was one of the five first Paladins, they would be grateful for fighting on his side against the damn Scourge, but he was hide somewhere and watch the Lich King destroy whatever have left of Lordaeron, some people might think "Ooh, how brave he was!", but what the hell? he couldn't handle this if he didn't had the help of both Alliance and Horde. He is weak and should be shame of himself, he was a hero in the Second War, but his time of triumph has long gone.

Level 23
he couldn't handle this if he didn't had the help of both Alliance and Horde. He is weak and should be shame of himself, he was a hero in the Second War, but his time of triumph has long gone.

Oh, you just forgot a "Little" thing, he/they was fought with the Scourge! What do you want? A weakly faction fighting with the Scourge for years, defeat the Scourge Lord alone? Or just he defeat the scourge by himself? He shouldn't be shame of himself, he is a great leader, and some reasons of the fall of the Scourge is because of him. And he was hidden because they(Lordaeron) banned him for add a ORC!

So yes, he need to be called as Highlord.

Level 11
I didn't start in classic so I can't tell if he was highlord back in there or not, what I can tell you is that he got exiled because he helped an orc, the whole story of this is in the book "Of Blood and Honor" by Chris Metzen, as you can see in the battle for Light's Hope Chapel, Arthas says "How simple it was to draw the great Tirion Fordring out of hiding.", Tirion stopped Darion then the Lich King appears and all that scenario, in the end Tirion yells "The Argent Crusade comes for you, Arthas!", from this moment he became the Highlord of the Argent Crusade.

This should answer Go'el too, he was exiled he couldn't come and help.

Level 16
He's just some old man who comes to the scene and kicks the LK's ass out of nowhere.
LoL.
"Second War: Tirion Fordring was originally a warrior of Lordaeron and was eventually knighted at the age of 18. He eventually found faith and got closer to the Church of the Light, studying under the guidance of Archbishop Alonsus Faol. At the beginning of the Second War, he was chosen by the Archbishop as one of the four candidates from Lordaeron to start the order of the Knights of the Silver Hand, along with Uther, Saidan Dathrohan, and Turalyon. Tirion battled in the final battle of the Blackrock Spire where he killed an ogre that was about to attack Alexandros Mograine.
After the Second War, he, Saidan, Uther and Gavinrad the Dire were present during a ceremonial of becoming a paladin for Arthas in Stormwind."
Correct, but that is just the second war, I'm talking after that.
Also, Tirion used to be the Lord of Mardenholde Keep, but with his relation with the orc Eitrigg(you can read more in Of Blood and Honor), he was banned from his occupation, Tirion remained in Lordaeron, to watch his son Taelan be inducted into the Silver Hand, and he just returned when the Scourge attacked Light's Hope Chapel(Wrath of the Lich King). And then he became a Highlord.
But that still doesn't answer the question. I knew all of that. (again big lore fan here.)
Well, although he and his order were the main offensive against the Lich King, I don't think he can be called of a Highlord, yeah, he united the Knights of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade, but where was he all that time during the Scarlet Crusade behaviors? I'm quite of sure that a great part of the Scarlet would listen to him and follow the true paths of the Light, he was one of the five first Paladins, they would be grateful for fighting on his side against the damn Scourge, but he was hide somewhere and watch the Lich King destroy whatever have left of Lordaeron, some people might think "Ooh, how brave he was!", but what the hell? he couldn't handle this if he didn't had the help of both Alliance and Horde. He is weak and should be shame of himself, he was a hero in the Second War, but his time of triumph has long gone.
Correct, I'm would agree, but after what he has done I consider the Highlord. The Argent Crusade is the only reason I stuck around WOTLK.
Shouldn't this be in the WoW forum?

Yes, and I'd like to quote this:
Actually, The Knights of Silver Hand go back to wc2 era, the story I speak of is Post TFT, yet pre-Wow. Just because the NPC and factions are in WOW, doesn't mean it is a wow-only discussion.
Feel free to move it though. *Shrug*
Oh, you just forgot a "Little" thing, he/they was fought with the Scourge! What do you want? A weakly faction fighting with the Scourge for years, defeat the Scourge Lord alone? Or just he defeat the scourge by himself? He shouldn't be shame of himself, he is a great leader, and some reasons of the fall of the Scourge is because of him. And he was hidden because they(Lordaeron) banned him for add a ORC!

So yes, he need to be called as Highlord.
Ahmen!
I didn't start in classic so I can't tell if he was highlord back in there or not, what I can tell you is that he got exiled because he helped an orc, the whole story of this is in the book "Of Blood and Honor" by Chris Metzen, as you can see in the battle for Light's Hope Chapel, Arthas says "How simple it was to draw the great Tirion Fordring out of hiding.", Tirion stopped Darion then the Lich King appears and all that scenario, in the end Tirion yells "The Argent Crusade comes for you, Arthas!", from this moment he became the Highlord of the Argent Crusade.

This should answer Go'el too, he was exiled he couldn't come and help.
Perhaps this will help you
Quote from Wowpedia
Rising from the ranks of a knight and later a paladin, Tirion Fordring was a man of honor — and his commitment to upholding his honor no matter the cost often brought him into conflict with his family and friends. His wife Karandra Fordring often lamented the sacrifices she had to make in order to adapt to her husband's tendency to place his personal honor above everything else - his family included. So, for instance, when Fordring attempted to explain to his wife and to his long-time friend Arden that his commitment to saving the life of Eitrigg was a matter of honor, he encountered, for the most part, a total lack of understanding, with both Arden and Karandra arguing that he also has a responsibility to his family and his subjects — a responsibility he should not neglect in the name of honor. Tirion's honor, therefore, was the ultimate cause of his downfall — during his trial, he was offered an opportunity to be restored to good standing within the Alliance if only he would renounce the vow he gave to Eitrigg. Tirion refused, saying that his honor precluded him from doing so.

In the end, Tirion Fordring paid heavily for the honor he held in such high esteem. Not only was he stripped of his office and estates, but his family — Karandra Fordring and Taelan — refused to accompany him into exile, his wife stating that she would not let him ruin their lives as he had ruined his own. Thus, after his rescue of Eitrigg from the gallows in Stratholme, honor was very much the only thing Tirion still had.

After his exile and the fall of Lordaeron to the Scourge, Tirion fell into inactivity, feeling there was no reason for him to fight. That all changed, however, with the death of Taelan.

Filled with righteous anger at the loss of his beloved son, Tirion vowed to reestablish the Knights of the Silver Hand, to oppose the spread of evil in the world.
The Question still reamins, After he made this Vow, He self-proclaimed himself Highlord of the Knights of the Silver Hand, But did he have any followers, any members, or did he just merge the name into the Argent Dawn, and take over leadership? I don't recall reading anyone else helping During this time, Nor reading in any books about this. (this is why this belongs here and not just WOW discussion)

EDIT: There was a period of time between TFT & Wow that is still unexplained, as well as extended time between Classic, TBC, & WOTLK unanswered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.