• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arcturus + Nova ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You could have just as easily said "Female Ghost = Nova?" =.=

I'm guessing Nova is the main character from Starcraft Ghost? There's always the possibility that she appears in SCII.

Is a ghost an actual unit type from the original Starcraft?

Level 4
I'm guessing Nova is the main character from Starcraft Ghost?

first question-yes. she is.

second question-you don't know?...
...I WILL KILL YOU

and the picture you're aiming for is #13. number 9 is a mutalisk.

Level 2
You could have just as easily said "Female Ghost = Nova?" =.=

I'm guessing Nova is the main character from Starcraft Ghost? There's always the possibility that she appears in SCII.

There was no Starcraft Ghost.And i don't get it :bored:

Level 3
StarCraft Ghost got cancelled but that does not mean it did not EXIST, hell they even made a book about it !

Postponed indefinetly...was never cancelled. If you think about it...they could be doing the following:

Release SCII after completion.
Release SC: Ghost (It was near finished when they put it on the back burner...never explaining as to why really)
Announce SCII Expansion (Most likely already in the works in VERY early stages. If you followed Starcraft's development...the Twilight and Desert Tileset was already made for SC...but then kept out for the expansion, as was the Valkyries.)

Most likely, my opinion, Ghost was postponed because it involved new units that were to be released for SCII...so they preferred to introduce these new units via SCII as opposed to introducing them in the FPSRP where the storyline and gameplay would be more important. Either way...Nova may be introduced in SCII...I'd hope so, I liked her char..she was spunky.

Level 25
Most likely, my opinion, Ghost was postponed because it involved new units that were to be released for SCII...

... Or it was canceled exactly like Warcraft Adventures and is having a book instead, like Warcraft Adventures. Note the Dragoons present in Ghost screenshots and the fact that according to Starcraft lore they've all been upgraded into Immortals

Though I am expecting a Dragoon model to be made within the first few weeks when we figure out exactly how the heck to make models for SC 2, along with the rest of the missing units

Nova will probably show up though. Personally, I just want those Protoss guys with the freaking flamethrowers. They rocked. I also want Lurkers to be back, but that's because they allowed me to Very Yes Win, along with Guardians

Level 3
Heh,

Nova's story starts before Broodwars, and if I'm not mistaken, the game was going to start during Broodwars and progress from there to beyond. So the fact that the Dragoons are present in Ghost and are now Immortals in SCII are irrelevant. You can easily traverse four years in a game through the use of time gaps or an extremely long game. Starcraft II is taking place four years after Broodwars.

It could have been canceled...but, when reading the book, it makes it seem like they were nearly finished with the project...just tossing it away when you've worked on something to that depth seems rather foolish.

Besides, as I stated, they never officially canceled it...just indefinitely postponed it.

Level 12
SC: Ghost was supposedly delayed to be made for the PS3 and Xbox 360. So it does not say SC Ghost was canceled. Just being held back.

Level 24
SC Ghost has been indefinitely postponed, Koreans everywhere do not care as it wasn't an RTS. Seventh (or whatever) gen is one of the reasons for one of the delays, but for now it's effectively dead.

Level 7
Big deal the Colossus can be taken out easily, I only didn't see terran's best unit vs that. Must be the reapers.

Level 26
Big deal the Colossus can be taken out easily, I only didn't see terran's best unit vs that. Must be the reapers.
You mean those hopping jetpack infantry wielding dual guns? No. Just, no. It hasn't been established yet, but I'm pretty sure the best terran unit might still be the battlecruiser, which protoss warp rays pwn.

Level 24
It looked a lot like a ghost to me. Had the uniform and something that looked like a C-10 Canister Rifle.

Level 26
Ehh, those aren't hair braids..
Wikipedia said:
Protoss also have long neural strands sprouting from the back of their heads. These strands are what keep Protoss connected to the universal protoss psychic 'network'. When the Dark Templar split from the main body of Protoss, they first severed their neural strands to display their rebellion against the High Templar caste and the Khala. It can be observed that the Dark Templar display instead the bound up roots of their strands in many conceptual art pieces and in the end Protoss campaign clip of Brood War.

Level 7
sry i forgot where i read it but Blizz said that they might do Ghost themselves (seeing as they can't rely on another company for help) but Duke Nuke'm Forever is actually supposed to be realesed soon (ya i know we all heard that before but if they finally finished Prey i wouldnt doubt them) and WC Adventures was cancelled by Blizzard because they didnt think it was up to their standards

Status
Not open for further replies.