• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archipelago's Art Studio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello!

Since I've starting using gimp I will probobly make more painting art so heres the start of my art showcase!

Paint (¿art?)
FailPaintAgain.jpgHoof.jpg

Paint is fail :S
GIMP art
ÄpPlE.jpgFlames.jpgHeartInSmoke.jpgGalaxy.jpgr0bfish2.pngLord_T3.pngSquidle2.pngSnaKy2.pngHappycockroach2.pngHubCool3.png

At least its better than paint :p
Drawing Art
OnLidenOrc.jpgKeeper of the Grove 3.jpg

Much better than paint :)
Photoshop
CuatorPreview.jpg

Last edited:
Level 16
Well:
1.- Paint is for Pixel Art. Dont try to do nothing that arent Pixel Art in Paint.
2.- Mmm.. You need to get better in Gimp. I dont like those too much, but the practice makes the master.
3.- Your draws arent bad, but you need to learn something about shading and Highlights. Read some tuts here on Hive in order to see how its works.

:)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The apples aren't too bad, the black/grey background around the red apple kills it though. Keep practising.

Well It's pretty simple
- for your first layer you should go to layers then add an alpha layer to it, scale up the eraser and erase all the white so it's just alpha.
-Go to layers and create a new layer, if this is going to be the background I would suggest adding a background color.
- I'm not exactly sure, but I think all new layers appear on top, but they are selected when you first create them. So go to layers, then go to stack, then go to move to bottom.
- Now you have 2 layers, one completely transparent and one with a background. Select the top layer and draw whatever your subject is.
- When your done select the bottom layer and do your background, it may be easier to temporarily move it to the top so the main image doesn't get in the way.

Hope this helps

Level 10
Well It's pretty simple
- for your first layer you should go to layers then add an alpha layer to it, scale up the eraser and erase all the white so it's just alpha.
-Go to layers and create a new layer, if this is going to be the background I would suggest adding a background color.
- I'm not exactly sure, but I think all new layers appear on top, but they are selected when you first create them. So go to layers, then go to stack, then go to move to bottom.
- Now you have 2 layers, one completely transparent and one with a background. Select the top layer and draw whatever your subject is.
- When your done select the bottom layer and do your background, it may be easier to temporarily move it to the top so the main image doesn't get in the way.

Hope this helps

As I said, I know how to do in PS... ty anyway though

Level 45
If you REALLLY want to get into art seriously, then I suggest reading up on the old masters and studying their techniques and artworks. Try to gather up as many techniques as you can until you find the one that suits you. Experiment with as many art tools and materials as you can to find what looks best :)
Once you are comfortable, then I recommend studying from real life to understand anatomy and lighting.
have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.