• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Archery missing :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well i got such problem - i need *realistic* archery missin system, makin archers shoot like catapults (missin on moving targets). Well i tried to use artillery attack type but i didnt help - target just explodes on death, and i dont need that =\

Level 16
If you want it to be like in all the other that type of games where the projectile (arrow in this case) kills all the guys it hits while flying to its destination, you should use shockwave or carrion swarm. Change the missile to arrow and modifie any stats you want. Remove attack from the unit, place the ability icon at the position of the attack button and change hot key to A.

Level 6
Nah i dont need pierce effect.
I just want to make archers shoot to place where unit is. Without autohittin

Level 16
Nah i dont need pierce effect.
I just want to make archers shoot to place where unit is. Without autohittin

In that case the arthillery attack is a good choise, though you cant get rid of the exploding on death thingie.

Other choise would be ground targetable spell with a projectile that is not piercing. Cant think of any spells right now, but im sure there is atleast one, or just use the channel spell.

Level 8
mmk Ill admit I didn't test it which usly I do before posting. But what you can do is set to whatever you wan't the key is to set the projectile speed slower then the player is able to move and I believe as long as there know heat seeking on the attack it will miss becuase I seen units with slow cast if you happen to move out of the way before there strike comes down you miss.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
First off, you must disable Projectile Homing Enabled = False. This will probably disable the auto-hitting.

To make them attack like in a Volley, change Projective Arc (it's really Arc, not Art). 0.50 should be ok.

I think you should use the Artillery attack type aswell. I'll test the thing myself and see if it works. One idea is to use Minimum Attack Range aswell so the Archers won't do a crazy shot to the air while the other is really next to them.

This way you don't need to use custom abilities for their attacks.

EDIT: Yeah, it really works! It obviously hits if the unit is stand still. I guess this is the perfect system for an Archery System.

Last edited:
Level 6
First off, you must disable Projectile Homing Enabled = False. This will probably disable the auto-hitting.

To make them attack like in a Volley, change Projective Arc (it's really Arc, not Art). 0.50 should be ok.

I think you should use the Artillery attack type aswell. I'll test the thing myself and see if it works. One idea is to use Minimum Attack Range aswell so the Archers won't do a crazy shot to the air while the other is really next to them.

This way you don't need to use custom abilities for their attacks.

EDIT: Yeah, it really works! It obviously hits if the unit is stand still. I guess this is the perfect system for an Archery System.

Well im beginin i made it on my own ... it works but there is one problem... unit explodes on death. lol. :) I dont need that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.