• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Ritual (again): Creating a team

Which version is better?

• Version #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Version AoS

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So... some people may still remember times, where this was in work-in-progress state. I have wanted to work on two versions of this map, but it seems that either just-another-AoS didn't catch much interest, while the first, original version seemed to actually get some people commenting.

If one wonders, what happened to that, I still have these maps, but I stopped the work, as nobody was interested in this for like 2 years now, and I just got lazy.

MAP INFO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME - Arcane Ritual

CREATOR - Unelith - myself, but of course I will credit everyone, I always do even if i get just one simple icon from this person

PEOPLE NEEDED:
*Terrainer - pretty obvious; i was never a good terrainer
*Tester - someone needs to search for eventual bugs
*Secondary designer - someone to talk with me about the project, give some ideas etc.
*Triggerer - i don't want someone to do all the triggers. It's more like someone is needed to optimize the map. The current, unreleased map that is on my disk only, lags as hell when i try to test it. That might be my pc's fault, but i have never got lags this huge when playing Warcraft 3.

GAMEPLAY - ATTENTION! this is actually to be decided. There were two versions of this map coming, right now I just want to finish one of them. When I get a team, we will decide together, which one would be better. So...

GAMEPLAY, VERSION #1:
~ Beginning ~
- There are up to three players, free-for-all
- Each player starts by picking a hero
- Each player starts with a tower, that is indestructible initially. The tower can recruit units, and the unit-types are related to the picked hero. For instance if you pick an undead mage, you will play undead. But if you pick a dwarf, you play dwarves.

~ Main objectives ~
- First main objective is to take control of three altars - Fire altar, Ice altar and Earth altar. Every single one of them would have been protected by a different mechanism, so you would need to do some work before you get there. Taking control of an altar means your hero channeling for a minute, what can be interrupted.
- The second main objective, that requires the first one to be completed, is getting your hero to The Temple. If you control all the altars when your hero enters there, a cinematic will play of the hero performing the Arcane Ritual. After the Ritual, the towers of other players become destructible. Of course if one player performs the Ritual, the remaining players can still perform it aswell.
- The third main objective is to destroy enemies' towers.

~ Secondary objectives ~
- There will be few neutral villages. When you destroy a neutral village by defeating the guards, then you may buy a caravan unit in your tower and send it there. The village will be rebuilded then under your control, and you will get gold over time per every village you have, so you can buy more units.

GAMEPLAY, VERSION #2:
If you want some gameplay informations regarding the second, AoS-like version, take a look at this, at the gameplay section: Click

FEATURES:
This actually depends on which version will be created, so to-be-decided.

FILES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD:

WARNING!
These last-released versions are far from finished, and don't have many features that would be included later. Also, they are not really fully playable, and probably have many bugs.

Version #1- Arcane Ritual Alpha 0.2
AoS version - Arcane AoS Alpha 0.3.1

Level 4
This looks awesome! I could try my hand at terraining, but I'm not the best. I can also do testing and possibly secondary designer as well. PM/VM me if you want to =].

Level 24
I assume that you are a triggerer like me.
Make your map using the regular models (just models at all so you know that that stormtrooper is a unit (rifleman)).
Later on you can show the map to people who can make great terrain and models and you can ask them to make the map complete.

Level 5
To be honest - a lot of models are temporary. And I am not really a triggerer... I am a decent one, but my solutions to problems are often causing another problems. There are just so many things to be done (or re-done), so many characters, so many items, that don't work properly. Ok, I will give it a shot. I will try to do something on my own, but I don't know how long will I be able to go, until I will have gotten tired and overwhelmed by this. So I don't promise anything. But, ask questions if you will, *any* feedback would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.