• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Epic

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a model that I made while playing around with the Matrix Eater software, and I combined an Arcane Tower with an Arcane Vault to create a custom model that is named the Arcane Epic.

I should also credit Spellbound for helping me with ideas for perfecting this model.

I hope that you enjoy!

This is how to make the 1st half of the Arcane Epic
Contents

Arcane Epic (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Interesting idea really, but it is nothing really amazingly new or special.
Level 14
Looks a bit simple, but its nice.
Edit: Parts of the construction of birth animation appears in stand animation, and bottom vertices of the tower aren't collapsed, also, shouldn't the runes be billboarded?

Last edited:
Level 14
I'm pretty sure that those problems you are describing are a bug with whatever software you are using to load it. Did you use the World Editor?
I saw that issue in a different application, but not in the World Editor / Warcraft III game.
Hmm... I saw it in magos, i will try to see it in game though, one minute.
Edit: Ah, yes, sorry, it was magos, ingame its fine, still some of the vertices that are extremely close to each other should be collapsed because they look weird ingame.

Last edited:
Level 14
Fix the team color strap under the tower window. One side is colored, but turn 180° and that side isn't colored
That is actually a problem with the original arcane tower model, and the reason its unfixed is probably because one isn't supposed to see a building from behind in game perspective.
hm.. hive viewer shows an odd stop in the animation of those spinning runes, might wanna check the first/last frame of idle anims?
Its a problem with the Hive viewer, its fine ingame.