• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Echoes

Reactions: deepstrasz
Hello Hive,
did some maps recently and i think this one has potential. Not really anything special just a standard 1v1 map with Ashenvale tileset.

Have Fun :)

General Info:
Playable Size: 88x90
Players: 1v1
Neutral Buildings: 2 GoblinLabs, 2 Shops, 2 Mercs, 1 Tavern
Goldmine: 6 with 12500
Creepcamps: 6 green, 10 orange, 2 red

Creepinfo:
Green:
  1. LvL7: LvL1 perma
  2. LvL8: LvL1 perma, LvL1 power
  3. LvL9: LvL2 charged no LS
Orange:
  1. LvL10: LvL2 perma
  2. LvL13: LvL2 perma, LvL2 power
  3. LvL15: LvL3 perma, LvL1 power
  4. LvL16: LvL3 charged, LvL2 power
  5. LvL17: LvL4 perma, LvL1 power
  6. LvL18: LvL4 charged, LvL2 power
Red:
  1. lvl23 lvl5perma, lvl2power

Update: 11.03.2021
-changed alot of creepspots
-added an additional creepspot
-small layout changes
Contents

Arcane Echoes v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, finally: I think the map looks very athmospheric, natural and generally nice. Almost every location has received great attention to detail. For gameplay, the general layout, creeps and balance are mostly good, but there are a few things that I...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, finally:
I think the map looks very athmospheric, natural and generally nice. Almost every location has received great attention to detail.
For gameplay, the general layout, creeps and balance are mostly good, but there are a few things that I feel are not quite ideal yet:
1. The ramps: It isnt really that easy to tell where exactly they are. Yes it looks much better if they are not a steep as they are by default, but for me it is too much here.
2. Level 6 creeps at many early-midgame camps is not something we see on other maps. This could make stealing creeps more important than normally, which could benefit ud/orc over ne/hu.
3. The mercs: Probably fine and I'd like to see them in cation, but the wolf is pretty much unkillable in the earlygame due to high movement.
4. Labs: Given their position and the stength of the creeps guarding them, they seem rather pointless.
5. Both expansion give the same items as rewards, but one of them has significantly tougher creeps.
6. Double heal at one of the expansion..... it triggers me somewhat, but objectively it isnt an issue.
7. The itemdrop at the expansion is borderline too strong. Same for the mercs. Potentially, the merc camp can be taken with miltia early on, and then a book/wand of the wind could quickly decide the game in the first few minutes. But then again, it can be scouted and harassed.
8. Some trees at the southern side of creepcamps obsctruct vision and could be scaled down.
9. To prevent abuse (towers on cliffs), the highground areas no the sides of the map could be stacked with patching blockers.

Anyway, none of this is bug and this is criticism on a high level. Thefore map approved.