• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Build Animation

A very simple model edit based upon the Undead Birth Animation, or Undead Build Animation. I removed the rising tentacles, changed a variety of textures and editted the particles somewhat. Best used for a magical faction of some sort, High Elves or Dalaran for example.

Please note, if used to replace the Undead Build Animation, then it will NOT affect the Ziggurat.

Updated to Include the Cancel Animation as well.

Keywords:
Arcane, Human, Build, Animation, Dalaran, High Elf, High Elves, Magic, Magical
Contents

Arcane Build Animation (Model)

Arcane Build Animation (Model)

Reviews
11:12, 9th Mar 2008 Elenai: Approved: The model is a nice edit, and it works ingame. Excellent job.

M

11:12, 9th Mar 2008
Elenai: Approved: The model is a nice edit, and it works ingame. Excellent job.

Level 15
Alittle bit. Awhile back I had tried a similar model using red/purple textures and a few geoset additions to make a Fel Orc build animation. It failed, spectactularly, but the other day I saw yours, the icy bit made me think of the spell Blizzard. Which made me think of the Archmage, and in turn, the Teleport Spell. And so I editted the Undead Birth model to make use of the Teleports textures.

Mad, eh?

Level 15
I used the term Arcane in a broad sense, since it could be used for a variety of magical races, and because the main rune texture came from the Mass Teleport model, which of course, is the main spell of the Arch Mage. So Arcane seemed fitting. Also, my view of how Arcane looks is more blue than the Arcane we see in the likes of WoW.

However, when I made it, I had Dalaran in mind. Oh, and I looked for the TeleportTarget splat texture, but had no luck. If you could give the file path, I shall take a peek and see about making alterations.

Level 15
That is a rather pretty texture actually.. I may replace the bottom rune with that one, whilst keeping the Mass Teleport rune texture for the two smaller runes which flow up and down the particles in the middle.

Edit: I have given the new texture a try and you are right, it is far crisper on the model. I shall upload a version using that texture soon, Can give people a chance to use whichever they prefer.

Last edited:
Level 3
Its actually unbelievable how perfect this is for what i need.

Im using it just as a model, so is it possible to keep its animation at the point when the teleport is at its peak?

Level 1
Hı,this is an awesome thing but ım a noob editor and dunno where to put it so all buildings would be built that way.Can u help?

Level 3
This is an amazing piece of work! However, it would be nice to get an answer on how to implement building build animations! After digging around in the editor for over an hour (looking at anything from buildings in the object editor, to checking the game play constants, and all the advanced settings, etc.), and Googleing every iteration of every keyword set even remotely linked to this question, and coming up with a grand total of nada, it would be nice for someone more experienced to pass on this information... I mean, its not like 15+ people asked this question on this thread alone.... Oh wait, they did... </end sarcasm>