• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arc Lightning SFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I'm here to request an SFX that looks like some electricity that is arching from a unit. To describe it, it would look like some lightning that would randomly hit the ground close to the unit. Probably looking like this but without the tower.

Another image:
Arc sketch.JPG

The blue circle would be the source of the lightning. The lightning would create an arc from the center of the blue circle to a random spot 50(*) units (X / Y part) from the unit's origin.

For the animations, All I need is some variations to where the lightning would arc and the number of arching lightning.

E.g. Stand - 1 lightning arc to a random angle.
Stand 2 - 1 lightning arc to another angle
Stand 3 - 2 lightning arc to different angles
Stand 4 - 3 lightning arc to different angles and so on.

It just depends on how many anims you want/can to create (if you will). Lastly, It would be fine if the lightning uses the red lightning texture.

And I guess that's it. If you're interested but don't understand something from what I said, please say so and I'll be happy to clarify.

Well, since I'm a bit of specific and a little demanding on this request, I can assure the one who will make the SFX some rep and of course creds in the map. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.