• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Spell Request & And A Question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
- Spell Request -
Type: Activate/Deactive (Immolation Style)
Effect: While active increases casters armor by 1x caster level.

Note: The dummy ability used for the armor bonus should not be seen.

---

- Question -
I was just wondering if it is possible to arc a lightning effect. For example make a spell which shoots two lightnings at a target that arcs (one to the left and the other to the right).

+rep for helping on any of these two :)

Level 33
What is your maximum level of Hero in your map ?
Does it drains mana per second ?

Can you draw us a picture ?
Bad drawn may also accepted, if you manage to explain it very well with the picture

By means of "arc", you want one of the lightning moves to the right and another lightning moves to the right creating a parabolic-like movement until it hits the target ?

Well, basically Lightning is a straight-model, does not curve at all, so the more lightning you use, the more it resembles the curve.

Level 11
Max level is 50 but i can edit that myself later if you dont want to spend time giving the dummy ability 50 levels, same goes for mana drain, easily editable :)

I was thinking if the lightnings could create like a ring between the caster and the target, cant make à pic right now :/

Level 33
Max level is 50 but i can edit that myself later if you dont want to spend time giving the dummy ability 50 levels, same goes for mana drain, easily editable :)
There is a reason where you right-click on the field in the Object Editor, there is a Auto Fill Levels selection there.

Your #1 is completed.

Attachments

• Self Defense.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 37
Level 11
Ok, cool :) thanks for your help

Edit: didnt work to give you rep until ive given to more members but i Will try to remember to give to you later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.