1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Arabian cannon towers

Submitted by Mike
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Arabian cannon towers. Next model for Arabian city pack. As i have necessary workpiece i making these models very fast, and they may have small bugs in anims. If will be bugs - tell about them and i will fix it.

Changelog: 1.00 - model uploaded.
Contents

Arabian cannon towers (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
A few required fixes: The texture part needs to be improved. You have many seams at it. If you can't find a better texture, flipping it every face, even if not ideal, might be a way to diminish its tiling effect. Also, most parts of the model are...
  1. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    great work! :)

Edit: My suggestion makes no sense anymore

there is one problem, I see with the weapons though. While it is great to have them, it may be a problem that they do not face the enemy, if the tower is set as a building.
    So it may be good to provide them as single unit models, that the user then has to position on top of the tower, so that they can properly rotate while the tower is standing still .

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They can work like the Cannon tower.

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This reminds me of Stronghold Crusader. Nice set!

4. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not test it in game. So you say they are targeting enemies with their weapon without turning the whole tower?

5. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Perhaps you should make a habit of downloading the model and testing it afterwards you could write a comment.

6. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool! That is truly great then!! :)

what you are writing, that makes totally sense,
    however
    sometimes, if I got little time, I think it is still better to leave supportive feedback instead of not responding at all.

7. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A few required fixes:
    • The texture part needs to be improved. You have many seams at it. If you can't find a better texture, flipping it every face, even if not ideal, might be a way to diminish its tiling effect.
      Also, most parts of the model are textured kind of equally, that makes it really lack contrast and look boring. You could give it a different texture at the tower's top.
      And avoid doing mesh that ends suddenly, without texture contour at its boundary.

• At its death animation, the dust particles are scaled too big, so they end up too low-res in-game. You may scale them down 3 times or more. And for decay you could look at the WC3 buildings for reference. What stays is a debris with a very soft smoke coming out of it.
    And as suggestions:
    • It is really boring that the only thing that changes from one upgrade to another is a war machine at the top. If you check the WC3 Scout Tower and its upgrades, the whole theme kind of changes upon upgrades. You could do that with yours, adding extras related to the weapon it features above.
    • The war machines rotate not making much sense, just wooden pieces dragging around. Their ability to rotate could be part of the model thinking. (Or maybe the cannon could be a mortar that points practically upwards)
    • Hardly WC3 buildings will be oriented to exactly 270ยบ. You could rotate it a bit.
    Awaiting update.