• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Appearance of Warcraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am an Expert Map Maker but not program modifier ... how can I change every look of warcraft 3 like you guys did on your project.... WArSock.. its quite a cool one... il try it when its released:ugly::grin:... so how do I change the look of warcraft 3?:infl_thumbs_up:

I always wanted to ask this ...:spell_breaker:
________________________________--
Serve the Hive !
Best Warcraft 3 Resource Community
Be A Loyal Member!

Level 3
Are you referring to:

Warcraft III Hosted Projects > Reinventing the Craft > Project WarSoc

Methods do exist to modify the appearance of Warcraft III. Let's move this to the World Editor Help Zone so more modders will see it.

~ Thread moved from Site Discussion to WEHZ

Yes... how can I do that stuff? change the Look .../?
:infl_thumbs_up::razz:

I now know ! Thanks for all the help... I shall try

Last edited:
Level 11
Thats a mod. Meaning game files were changed to make it work. The way that happens is (almost definitely) using a SEMPQ. An mpq file is what blizzard uses to store important game information. A SEMPQ is a form of mpq that makes blizzard use the data inside of it instead of inside its own mpq. Personally I don't know any sites where you can learn to mod Wc3, but if you want to know where to start, run a search on WinMpq. Its a great mpq editor and well let you open up game files and modify them to your delight. Just make sure you make backups.

Wow... I took a look at it some more, and that person is using a much more complex method (I think) then what I specified. I would not suggest you attempt to try anything near the complexity of what WarSock is doing.

Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.