• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Apocalyptic RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello Hivers!

I'm in need of some help in creating a RPG.
I need help with both terrain and fleshing out the story.
Now, to try and make you interested.

Features
The RPG will have a minimum of boring fights where all you do is watch your heros attack animation, and will be mostly based on puzzles and figuring out how to progress.
I also wish to put in some bossfights, but they will be scripted. Also, to make this work at all, I need a very good story to it. Something not too cliche, even though that's kind of hard to do.
I'm going to try and keep it clean and not get distracted from the main point, which is to deliver a story for people to play, and hopefully, enjoy.

Story
The reason it's only fleshing out the story and not writing it entirely is because I already have the base of it, (and here you'll see why I need help fleshing it out,) it's a quest to save the world. This is just a very short version and I'm not giving out any spoilers.

You start in a small village not too far from the capital of the kingdom, the capital is built around a giant machine, or factory if you want, that is sealed off from the public because those who enter don't return. As the story progresses, you end up entering the machine, which will be a major part of the map.
Currently, HaZe is working on the story.

Terrain
The terrain should have contrasts, such as rich and poor areas in the city, but should reflect that there is peace, and even though some are not as lucky as others, it could definately be worse.
There will not be a lot of nature, except for the borders outside the city, and possibly gardens or a park in the city.
Not relying too much on imported models is also positive, but shouldn't keep you from trying.

Other Info
It is very likely that the RPG will be a campaign.
I'd very much like to give new users a shot at this, so don't hesitate to let me know if you're interested, but keep in mind I am also not going to settle with a bad map, so please make sure you can at least satisfy yourself with your work.

Last edited:
Level 6
Great, but would still like someone to help out with the story.

And if anyone feels they're very good at making cities, or want to try and make the inside of the machine, feel free to post still!

Level 1
I think I can help you out with the story-line :wink:

Perhaps you could bounce some of your ideas on me and we can work something out! :thumbs_up:

And judging by the name, is it like zombies and undead your going to be battling? And the machine, what do they do in there? Experiments or things like that? Or is it like a doomsday machine?

I see potential in this and would love to help :wink:

Level 6
I've started doing some of the terrain myself, but I'd still appreciate it if anyone were up to the task of doing the capital city or the machine.

And it seems this is turning into a campaign. I'll update my post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.