• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Aphera Lucent's Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
A list of my old skinning attempts. I just find them of not enough quality for The Hive, so you can watch them here. And maybe, why not, maybe you can motivate me on reworking some of the skins.
This is one of my very first skins. I wandered around the alpha channel and the black skin tone. Yeah, it's bad, but we all got some point from which we started, right? :)
attachment.php
Sigh, the second skinning attempt. Quite a failure, huh? Mostly a hell of a lot of smudging and recoloring.
attachment.php
Another one of my early skins. It was a play around the other textures, by coping and pasting.
attachment.php
A blurry and fainted skin, but it looks much better than I expected it would.
attachment.php
A blurry and fainted skin too, as Kim said. This one is quite camouflaged on Lava Terrain. I was quite satisfied with it, until one of Mods pointed me that it looks more like a random attempt of pattern textures rather than a good skin.
attachment.php
A skin I employed a lot of effort in it. It's one of the first "normal" skins I have made. Something, I can't remember what, distracted me from an attempt to try to improve her.
attachment.php
Simple skin, a first meeting with complicated wrapping issues. Not much to say, I did some good things with it, but them I rushed them with timing problems, creating a half-good skin. Terrible idea execution, by the way.
attachment.php
Another blurry work. The times when I abused the smudge, dodge and burn tools. Neat idea, with cheap execution. I guess it needs a hell of a lot of rework, and I just detest of seeing how old I have made her.
attachment.php
One of the most recent skins by me. Shiik also managed to get some spare time to show me how should I do the coloration, shading and details.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ShadowBlazingRanger.JPG
    ShadowBlazingRanger.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 611
  • EliteDruidess.JPG
    EliteDruidess.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 587
  • Ranger Alternate.JPG
    Ranger Alternate.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Icecrown Spider.JPG
    Icecrown Spider.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 546
  • Lava Spider.JPG
    Lava Spider.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,156
  • XmanStorm.JPG
    XmanStorm.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 566
  • Nether Lady.JPG
    Nether Lady.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 564
  • Futuristic Mage Edit.JPG
    Futuristic Mage Edit.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,500
  • ChristmasChicks.JPG
    ChristmasChicks.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Level 38
You should work on textures in sizes like 1024x1024 and then re-size them when you're done. It generally makes skins look sharper and crisper, and you can use bigger brush sizes without making it look to blurry. Using selections to isolate areas that are being worked on can offer really crisp edges as well. You seem to have pretty good color choices with your skins though, they generally just need clearer details.

Status
Not open for further replies.