• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AoS] Field of Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So um, sry for the (triple) PM's I've sent to you McKill, I'd like to apply for a job here :), suppose I'll give ideas for reward system?

Level 2
Reward System

How about choosing between gold, xp and items?
Though for items, either it will need to be randomised our it can be split into sub-categories so that players have a better chance of what they want. (Like agi-based,str-based etc.)
For gold, I suppose it could be used for upgrading base defence and creeps?
Not much comment for xp
EDIT
I'd be happy to be a tester too lator on
EDIT No.2
IF there are gonna be points, it can be used for saving up for ulti stuff? OR it can replace gold

Level 29
How about choosing between gold, xp and items?
Though for items, either it will need to be randomised our it can be split into sub-categories so that players have a better chance of what they want. (Like agi-based,str-based etc.)
For gold, I suppose it could be used for upgrading base defence and creeps?
Not much comment for xp

xp and gold is a good choice, upgrades, not at the moment

EDIT
I'd be happy to be a tester too lator on

it's my pleassure, this month the beta will be released...

EDIT No.2
IF there are gonna be points, it can be used for saving up for ulti stuff? OR it can replace gold

yes there are points but not for ulti stuffs, rewards such as items/gold/additional spawning creeps, etc...

if you could make a trigger for these, Id be very glad...for example, if a certain points (like KILLS), reaches THIS NUMBER, then additional GOLD for player 1-2...

OR if tower is destroyed you can have THIS GREAT ITEM...

@Defskull

This map contains 4 AI heroes as the moment which cannot be played by Human Player Slot, no custom abilities at the moment, can you do one of them pls?...

AI Heroes are:

Grom Hellscream (Chaos) - Main Attribute strength
Ghostly Archmage - Main Attribute intelligence
Ghost Necromancer - Main Attribute aglity
Ghost Keeper of the Grove - Main Attribute intelligence

Level 2
Wait I sorta dont get it, say that () is something
So the trigger is like if () of kills equal to ()
players meeting condition receive () gold?
ofc this is not how I will make the trigger but is the general idea

Level 29
Wait I sorta dont get it, say that () is something
So the trigger is like if () of kills equal to ()
players meeting condition receive () gold?
ofc this is not how I will make the trigger but is the general idea

correct...

teams are:

1-3
4-6
7-9
9-12

note that Player 3,6,9,12 is the attacking/guarding AI (just like in Dota)...

btw, I have setup the points via Multiboard using integer variable with array, so you may reference it like that type of variable...

Level 2
So here it is, Never tried at multiboard and custom variable triggering so I believe it has errors, make sure u check

Attachments

• Reward-ish system (Ignore copy,).wtg
    5.7 KB · Views: 101
Level 29
Hello guys, the Alpha of this map has been released, as you can see there are still a lot to be done but it is playable...

Im gonna need all the help I can get for this project...

What is still needed:
1. AI spells
2. Loading/preview screen
3. Creep positions
4. Testers/Balancers
5. Hero Makers/spells/icons/description
6. Item makers
7. Rewards (kills and points already done)

Level 2
The Templar has a name error (Tempar)
The Normal Blizzard heroes gotta have their ulti requirement lvl to lvl 10? since you have used that requirement for custom heroes?
Still playing through it,
Looks like the normal blizzard heroes also have to have their spell tooltip changed so it includes lvl 4 and 5

In my opinion, the spell immunity of the mud golems is a bit ?
Early game ppl prob are gonna use area attack spells to get rid of creeps?

Also Movement speed is a definite issue for this game :O perhaps upgrading movement speed can be an upgrade? It took forever for my templar to reach one corner from the opposite while getting purged/ slowed by other creeps

EDIT
Are you supposed/allowed to have like 40 heroes? I mean I got 2 heroes ok fine but I'm able to get as many custom heroes as I like its a bit messed up?
BTW you'll only need to change the custom heroes for this problem since the blizzard heroes simply disable getting more heroes after you get 3 of them but the custom heroes don't seem to apply that rule?

EDIT.NO2
K, Found that Ice troll first skill, when set to autocast the button moves next to patrol?
There is a leak with the lilith fire votex , a quick spike before the special effect is made.
Conjurer's eruption also leaks.
Also the Trig OFF message displayed after casting some custom spells is made, gotta be removed later but useful for testing
Just d/ced from conjurer's eruption :(, happened after using it about 5 times
Edit.NO.3
Golum Boulder damage is delayed, the target is stunned but after around 2 sec, the damage is displayed and the target is damaged, shown with a slam.
The AI Blademasters on team 2 pitifully trashed my lvl 7 golum even though they were only lvl 2 :(
Time to test with others since I really hate fighting more blademasters

EDIT 4
Ok The ppl rage quited as they thought that the creeps were too strong, and so I havent got to test the space orc, standby for more.

Last edited:
Level 29
The Templar has a name error (Tempar)
The Normal Blizzard heroes gotta have their ulti requirement lvl to lvl 10? since you have used that requirement for custom heroes?
Still playing through it,
Looks like the normal blizzard heroes also have to have their spell tooltip changed so it includes lvl 4 and 5

A very good review, thanks dude...well first, Im gonna edit normal
blizzard's ulti coz they are no match for the custom ones...second,
Im gonna edit also their ability up to level 5...

In my opinion, the spell immunity of the mud golems is a bit ?
Early game ppl prob are gonna use area attack spells to get rid of creeps?

Also Movement speed is a definite issue for this game :O perhaps upgrading movement speed can be an upgrade? It took forever for my templar to reach one corner from the opposite while getting purged/ slowed by other creeps

Yes, items will do that, but Im not so sure of upgrades since custom units
are powerful enough...example the templar, he can use his impede vortex
to slow enemies down...

EDIT
Are you supposed/allowed to have like 40 heroes? I mean I got 2 heroes ok fine but I'm able to get as many custom heroes as I like its a bit messed up?
BTW you'll only need to change the custom heroes for this problem since the blizzard heroes simply disable getting more heroes after you get 3 of them but the custom heroes don't seem to apply that rule?

well, Im thinking of it also, minimum of 3 heroes is enough but then again
you cant revive your heroes except the first one...so if the hero is dead
then, no more...

EDIT.NO2
K, Found that Ice troll first skill, when set to autocast the button moves next to patrol?
There is a leak with the lilith fire votex , a quick spike before the special effect is made.
Conjurer's eruption also leaks.
Also the Trig OFF message displayed after casting some custom spells is made, gotta be removed later but useful for testing
Just d/ced from conjurer's eruption :(, happened after using it about 5 times

OK Im gonna look into it troll/lilith and conjurer...

Edit.NO.3
Golum Boulder damage is delayed, the target is stunned but after around 2 sec, the damage is displayed and the target is damaged, shown with a slam.
The AI Blademasters on team 2 pitifully trashed my lvl 7 golum even though they were only lvl 2 :(
Time to test with others since I really hate fighting more blademasters

I deliberately did the delay but Im gonna take a look into it anyway...
All AI's are strong specially the Blademaster since there is no challenge at
all if I make them normal...you may play with "you and AI vs AI"...
Also, once items is finished, then your hero will be too powerful for them...

EDIT 4
Ok The ppl rage quited as they thought that the creeps were too strong, and so I havent got to test the space orc, standby for more.

No, once your hero levels up then its gonna be OK, Im planning on changing
the creeps though to make it balance...

thanks again for the review, hope there's more so that we can improve it...

sounds very sweet :goblin_yeah: . What i like most is that the basic idea is unique, it's not just like DotA: all about killing, surviving & protection of the citadell. well if you need me, just tell me, i can bring up ideas mainly and make models, although i would leave the animation to some1 more skilled.
I can provide you some ideas for the Minotaur hero (i am actually half-greek): you can make him a cannibalize spell, where he eats an enemy unit to heal himself, a horn-strike attack, which is like knockback, especially a moo-howl spell (like the Pitlords, but with the dying-sound of the tauren warrior), a stomp-spell, and as an ulti maybe a spell where he summons a temporarly labyrinth, and the target victim(s) of it, must find a way out, before the time of the labyrinth elapses, otherwise they take a huge amount of damage. If you want me, feel free 2 PM me @ any time :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 13
how does this map have so much support(300+posts in thread) compared to mine? was it dota in the thread title? that must be it.

edit: i did not understand the conceept of the map until i tested it and i am very dubious at any rate the map is a loooooong way from being done and there's nothing to fight. really boring to test...

please look at my map in my sig, the ancient frontier and you'll find although it's a long way from completion it is not so boring to test, even though it's not hit major testing phase yet...

there are plenty of enemies to fight in my map and there isn't such a huge terrain with nothing around. please add some stuff or submit your heroes to my thread or to me personally for my map for evaluation. since your map is protected and has no enemies for the heroes to fight you cannot really test the heroes to see if they're any fun or good. how does anyone know if the map is good in the current state, i don't know.

the only way i can see for people to test the map is to test it multiplayer...

also why does it say there are 8 teams when there are clearly 4 bases and not 8.

another thing it's just a minor gripe but why is it i can have caravan come to my base and on it's way to my base a second time the troops spawn maybe i wasn't payingmuch attention to time

edit2: ok tested with some comps...hmm there are a few forestmonsters now...not sure why they weren't anywhere to be seen in singleplayer...guess doesn't matter. anyway ya apparently the comp does some things like fight with his hero but i guess no spells yet.

i think the map has potetnial to be long and boring esp seeing goal is 100 caravan trips to your base. with 4 teams that's potential for 700 minutes easily for a single game. that's over one hundred hours to finish one game.

another problem is hero revival doesn't work so well. i picked 2 heroes and second hero would not revive. i bought another hero and when it would die it also did not revive.

Last edited:
Level 29
@Orcnet
Ima post screenshots soon...

@SanKaku
The creeps has not been set yet and AI heroes doesnt have spells yet...there are 4
bases but 8 players, means 2v2v2v2...
In the next version, there will be plenty of enemies to fight, not to mention that the
creeps will respawn...
If you want help also to your project...I'll visit that page...

Level 29
i have some ideas of what you can do/change. Just PM me if u r interested. the first thing i would change (but it's up to you): is the race of the minotaurus, i think he should definitly be a tauren.

thanks for your interest but as of now Im too busy for other things, not mentioning that my supporters here have left me, but this will not go to waste coz Ima finish this map, I just need someone dedicated enough to help me out, unfortunately, no one :(...

Level 29
Well, well, well it's been a long time this map isnt updated...

===UPDATE===
- Beta test map available
- Screenshots available in first page
- Hero AI's completed
- 13 Heroes completed with custom abilities and icons
- New multiboard interface
- Now playable up to 11 AI's
- Reward system for points gained done
- Optional Kill obelisk to defeat players
- High field of view camera has been removed

*Move the camera to the center of the map in the beginning and move the taverns closer
*Pan the camera to the hero you've chosen
*Create some glowy effect with a caravan owner's color under the caravan when a team has assumed control of it
*Poltergeist loses her items when she uses her mist
*The green and gray AI bases can't even move their creeps past the hostile creeps in their way to the other bases (mostly towards brown)
*Mist Poison has an active icon and no tooltip
*Maybe make the cooldown on sleep longer for the enemy creeps
*Increase the preparation time in the beginning
*The fence doodads don't have any pathing
*Add some kind of last minute spawn of enemy creeps when the obelisk's hp is really low
*There's a bug (maybe?), the AI hero Yuki was invulnerable for a really long time without any special effect around him, like 15 seconds long :S
*Make the multiboard smaller and colorize the titles (Kills, Revives in), to make it more readable
*Add periodic on screen tips
*Create some kind of a special effect at the position of the possessed unit (ability Seize)
*Change the soundtrack to something else overtime, nothing custom, just change it to something different to change the mood
*The game seems rather bland, the game just starts all of a sudden, maybe play a loud horn sound before the game starts and put more helpful info on the screen

But I like the concept, especially the different heroes, my favorite one of course, Poltergeist ;D
And the AI feature is just a plus, but I hope you'll be improving it.
Oh and, no items shop? :/

Level 15
Didn't saw you got a new project, I would probably gonna try the beta soon. Also, just curious, any chance you'll add some heroes from your other maps, kinda like crossover, *ahem* Dungeon Assault heroes, I mean, it would be great allowing players to pit heroes from DA as well as from this map, it will also increase the total roster of heroes in Fields of Conflict, and more than that, it'll promote your map, Dungeon Assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.