• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AoS] Field of Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've some spare time, so I can try to explain the spells' functions meanwhile:
[] = Text that won't be in the description.
X = Level variable or a value that needs to be balanced.

First spell:

Defensive Stance: Strids enters his defensive stance, which makes him reduce X% damage taken from everything in front of him [lvl1: 90 degrees, lvl2: 180 degrees, lvl3 270 degrees]. Attacks from behind will cause Strids to take double damage [after dmg reduce].

Second Spell:

Skull Marked Brewage: The warbrewer conjures a toxic brewage for X seconds [just like the alchemist's Molotov Cocktail spell in dota], which he can throw at his enemies. The Brewage will cause the target enemy to move X% slower and take X damage over time.

Third Spell:

Victory Cry: Strids shouts out a moral boosting speech [a floating text will appear when the spell is engaged]. All nearby friendly units will have X% increased attack speed and damage done while the spell is active. Lasts X seconds.

Ultimate:

Brewrage: Strids goes into a drunken rampage, which makes him regenerate 5% of his total life every second for 10 seconds. The rampage causes him to do 20% more damage and takes 10% less damage, but slows him for X% movement speed while the effect is running.

About the model, would it be awesome if be awesome if we could have use of a heavy armoured (not optionelly to be heavy armoured) tauren, armed with a sword and a shield. Or otherwise, use the standard tauren (unit type, and not the chieftain nor spiritwalker) model.

Last edited:
Level 11
I've some spare time, so I can try to explain the spells' functions meanwhile:
[] = Text that won't be in the description.
X = Level variable or a value that needs to be balanced.

Defensive Stance: Strids enters his defensive stance, which makes him reduce X% damage taken from everything in front of him [lvl1: 90 degrees, lvl2: 180 degrees, lvl3 270 degrees]. Attacks from behind will cause Strids to take double damage [after dmg reduce].

Skull Marked Brewage: The warbrewer conjures a toxic brewage for X seconds [just like the alchemist's Molotov Cocktail spell in dota], which he can throw at his enemies. The Brewage will cause the target enemy to move X% slower and take X damage over time.

---- Working on the third spell.

Victory Cry: Strids shouts out a moral boosting speech [a floating text will appear when the spell is engaged]. All nearby friendly units will have X% increased attack speed and damage done while the spell is active. Lasts X seconds.

I'll continue edit this post soon.

Updated.

By the way; I would appreciate if you could update my tauren hero at first post. :>

Level 11
attachment.php

I've been working on the spells and these are the finished ones so far. I'll post descriptions as soon as possible, but school calls at the moment.

Here is the post with the name.

Strids Brewhorn
level X Warbrewer.

Let's say Warbrewer instead of that defender class I first wanted to have.

Level 5
Well, I don't have abbility appearences, but hell... I'll try to show you one of my ideas.

Yamai, the Medical Sparkbot

Healer, Support, Pusher

A medical machine, with a straped bag on it's back with a red cross. It's a little machine with arms that bob up and down and small legs with mini wheels at the bottom. A siringe is in his hand.

First Skill - Feild Medic

Toggle; Yamai begins healing any ally within auto-attack distance (400 units) for 50/60/70/80/90. (Can only heal one unit at a time [unless an aoe effect says his attacks splash], heals at 50% attack speed) However, while this is active, Yamai may not attack. Click on the target you want to heal if you want to focus heal. For every heal, Yamai loses 20/25/30/35/40 mana.
Explanation; This make's Yamai diverse from most healers in most games. It changes it's auto attack to an auto heal, which is very nice for laning as you can spam heal minions. Additionaly, it is efficent to switch to this when your allies are entering a team fight.

Second Skill - Medical Powa!

Yamai heals the target for 160/180/200/220/240, and deals 30/40/50/60/70 damage to all units within a 300 unit radius of them. Cooldown; 6.33 seconds.
Explanation; A "GET OF HIS ASS" type of spell. It's a decent spell to use on focused targets and people who are getting ganked bad. Also, spamming this on the tank if an efficent damage deal.

Third Skill - Overload:

Every healing for 200 damage, Yamai gains a "Maintenance Required" charge. At 5 charges, Yamai overloads his circuits, shooting sparks in all directions. Friendly units hit by these sparks are healed for the current level of [Field Medic's Level x 30] amount, and enemy units take Y[Medical Powa!'s level x 30] damage.

Fourth Skill / Ultimate - Mechanical Reboot

Yamai restores the target to full health ( can be used on dead targets, click on there side picture). However, when used, Yamai uses this, he overloads, becoming a bucket of bolts. (Dead.) Costs; 100% of Yamai's maximum health. Cooldown; 120 seconds. (two minutes). ( no death mark appears unless your under 50% health.)

This was first designed by me as a League of Legends champion, but hell, does that matter super much? Overload used to be his passive, so it doesn't have scaling.

Level 11
Well, we could say that the goblins/gnomes built him (if WillofKhrone accept this) to keep the bot in the wc3 lore.

edit: 'Sparkbot' sounds rather gnomish than goblin style for me.

Ultimate:

Brewrage: Strids goes into a drunken rampage, which makes him regenerate 5% of his total life every second for 10 seconds. The rampage causes him to do 20% more damage and takes 10% less damage, but slows him for X% movement speed while the effect is running.

Updated, for the last time, hopefully.

Last edited:
Level 29
cool spells dude!, I cant wait to test it myself, hehe...

Here's what I've done with the complete spells of Templar...
My english is not so good so please dont judge me, hehe...

Spell 1: Refresh
Picks every friendly unit including the caster and refreshes it's hit points over 12 seconds.
Level 1 - Heals 300.
Level 2 - Heals 500.
Level 3 - Heals 700.

Spell 2: Impede Vortex
Creates two Vortex, one rotates clockwise and the other counter-clockwise.
Any enemy unit that is inside the vortex will have speed and attack reduction of 70%.
Level 1 - Vortex size is 300, lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Vortex size is 400, lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3 - Vortex size is 500, lasts 30 seconds.

Spell 3: Holy Seal (Passive)
The Templar has a chance to be aided by holy warriors to hurt nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 10% chance, each warrior damages 25.
Level 2 - 15% chance, each warrior damages 50.
Level 3 - 20% chance, each warrior damages 75.

Ultimate Spell: Vindication
With one word, the Templar calls an aura from heaven that gives additional 40
armour to all nearby ally units. The aura lasts 30 seconds.

Level 11
cool spells dude!, I cant wait to test it myself, hehe...

Here's what I've done with the complete spells of Templar...
My english is not so good so please dont judge me, hehe...

Spell 1: Refresh
Picks every friendly unit including the caster and refreshes it's hit points over 12 seconds.
Level 1 - Heals 300.
Level 2 - Heals 500.
Level 3 - Heals 700.

Spell 2: Impede Vortex
Creates two Vortex, one rotates clockwise and the other counter-clockwise.
Any enemy unit that is inside the vortex will have speed and attack reduction of 70%.
Level 1 - Vortex size is 300, lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Vortex size is 400, lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3 - Vortex size is 500, lasts 30 seconds.

Spell 3: Holy Seal (Passive)
The Templar has a chance to be aided by holy warriors to hurt nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 10% chance, each warrior damages 25.
Level 2 - 15% chance, each warrior damages 50.
Level 3 - 20% chance, each warrior damages 75.

Ultimate Spell: Vindication
With one word, the Templar calls an aura from heaven that gives additional 40
armour to all nearby ally units. The aura lasts 30 seconds.

Looks awesome :)

But the ultimate of my tauren hero could probably be quite op with 50% health reg over 10 sec, perhaps we should decrease the overall % health reg to not making it to overpowered?

So... We don't need an icon of the hero in our post?

What hero? :]

Level 29
On hit or when struck or each second or every other second or when a nearby unit dies or..?

Tnx, it should be when the templar attacks...

=========================

here's another cool spell that I made...

Spell 2:Confinement
The Dark Knight is able to summon 20 immovable runes which circles the
targeted point. Enemy ground units that is inside or goes into the circle will
be trapped for a period of time.

Level 1 - Circle Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Circle Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 3 - Circle Lasts 30 seconds.

Level 11
I'll see what I can do regarding the icon. Otherwise will I start to post the Legionaire spells now.

Tharmas Gravelstomp
Level X Forsaken Legionaire.

Tharmas Gravelstomp, the once proud defender of Lordaeron that was betrayed by his prince Arthas Menethil. In the afterlife, Tharmas served his former prince and now Lich king, spreading plagues to the lands of Lordaeron. But after a time, the lich king's grasp realeased many undeads, making them able to think by themselves. Tharmas was one of them who joined the new undead force, the Forsaken and became Legionaire. Eversince that, Tharmas have helped the forces of the Defilers to claim victory in the lands of Arathi.

Spell 1:

Gravelstomp:
Tharmas stomps the ground that creates clouds of dust. All organic enemy units that is affected by the dust will take a small amount damage [like 10-20 or something] have a 50% chance to miss thier attacks for the next 10 seconds.

Spell 2:

Deadly Leap:
Tharmas leaps to the selected ground. Inflicting damage to all enemies that is close the the targeted landing ground by {10*Level}+ the legionaire's total strength].

Spell 3:

Plague Strike (passive):
The legionaire have a {10*Level}% chance upon hit to infest a small [growing every level] radious of the position of the victim. The infested ground will last for {3*level} seconds and everything hostile to the legionaire that enters the infested ground will be slowed by {40+(10*level)}%.

Ultimate:

Heartcrusher Parasite
Tharmas infests the targeted unit with a parasite that will deal X damage every second for 15 seconds. As long as the victim isn't moving, the parasite will damage every second, but if the victim attacks or are moving, the ticking time will increase [it will take about 2-3 seconds for the tic to reach maximum ticking, the spell is suposed to tic fast as a heart. When you're just standing, the heart will beat about 1 time/p second (60 beats p/hour) and when you're running or are performing actions, the heart's beating will be increased.] If the victim dies with the parasite, will the corpse spawn three parasites with lifetime of 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 11
Indeed. Now taking a view from world of warcraft, the usual CC's makes me piss off because of their duration, which is a maximum of 10 seconds.

By the way, I've updated the Legionaire Post. It includes (a not so decent) description and spells. I've replaced the Aura of Plague to Plague Strike. Proc's are funnier than a regluar aura.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
>>Smells like DotA? No
This is a DotA type game......

See da epic fail? xD

Another fail, 24 Regular Blizzard Heroes? Are you too lazy to make all on your own? Lol, even my first AoS got all custom heroes...

Vunjo

Level 14
yeah, but he said DotA styled map instead of AoS, and do I have to say every time "No offence" even if I do mean it?
I didn't mean to say anything bad to his map, it's just funny, read again what he said =)

Level 11
Another fail, 24 Regular Blizzard Heroes?

I think that Mckill have decided to balance the custom heroes so the regular heroes can come in handy, since the regular heroes are much easier to play and are a good choice for newcommers, while the custom heroes could be more difficult.

But I don't really know, this is how I've understood why we've regluar heroes.

Vunjo

Level 14
Well, regular heroes are not good choice, let me tell you example.
Allright, you got few imba heroes (talking about PvP which only matters), few fine, and few really bad.
Muradin, Blademaster, Warden, Illidan, Lich, Paladin, and Cenarius are imba heroes, more or less

-Blood Mage is rather a support class, meaning it's not good for solo, which is not needed in AoS, since there will be much team play for a well game.

-Archmage is not so good either, once you cast blizzard, enemy Hero can move out of the region, wasted spell. Briliance Aura is not needed, hence other spells are not good. Water Elemental is the only good spell, but it's also not that useful. I better not say anything about his Ulti, which sux hard.

Now let me tell you few bad heroes. For example:

-Crypt Lord: Carrion beetles, suck, the passive ability sux against range, and impale doesn't deal huge damage. Stunning all creeps is not needed. Ulti is ok, overall, hero sux, especially against range units

-Priestess of The Moon: Well, she only got huge attack, cannot use Lifesteal or any other buffs, and yet no stun/slow at all. Ulti is somewhat ok, but needs to be more powerful in order to be "ulti".

Level 29
much easier to play and are a good choice for newcommers, while the custom heroes could be more difficult.

Correct!...

================

Guys nobody of you see's the picture here?...I said, "Smells like DotA?...No!..."<<< means NO...

This map is "Dota type", means you attack each other and enemy bases, just like DotA,
but the main difference is that you got a caravan to protect here to earn points!...

================

@Naro
The caravan is really slow, it can take 1-2 minutes reaching the base, also the cooldown of confinement is long, for level 3(30 seconds), cooldown is around 45 seconds...

===============

@Vunjo
It depends on how you use the hero, for example, blood mage, his flame strike is very good in destroying buildings...

in this map, you dont just focus on fighting head to head with enemy units
coz you need to acquire the caravan & protect your base at the same time,
if you will dominate/guarding the caravan, fine, then I'll go to your base & destroy buildings while you're busy...

Furthermore, there are items to buy that has powerful abilities as well...

Last edited:
Level 17
Correct!...

================

Guys nobody of you see's the picture here?...I said, "Smells like DotA?...No!..."<<< means NO...

This map is "Dota type", means you attack each other and enemy bases, just like DotA,
but the main difference is that you got a caravan to protect here to earn points!...

================

@Naro
The caravan is really slow, it can take 1-2 minutes reaching the base, also the cooldown of confinement is long, for level 3(30 seconds), cooldown is around 45 seconds...

So for a 30 seconds hold, it has only 15 seconds of effective downtime (the other 30 seconds of cooldown are wasted on it's duration) means you can hold down 1 enemy for 30 seconds with a interval of only 15 seconds?

Level 29
Naro...No...coz every enemy that is inside or will go inside the confinement will be trapped, not 1 enemy, the spell is very effective for large numbers of enemy units...

one more thing, I have the a spell called Plunk Down for the dark knight also, it has the same effect as Confinement but the units will be totally incapable of moving but invulnerable...

Level 11
Play Heroes and Armies and see standard Heroes in AoS action.

EDIT: DotA type is one way to say it. But it's like saying Gaia's Retaliation type of map, or Wintermaul Wars type of map. Say Aeon of Strife or AoS as it is the term for the game type, not the actual game; and you'll be understood more easily.

Level 33
Well, regular heroes are not good choice, let me tell you example.
Allright, you got few imba heroes (talking about PvP which only matters), few fine, and few really bad.
Muradin, Blademaster, Warden, Illidan, Lich, Paladin, and Cenarius are imba heroes, more or less

-Blood Mage is rather a support class, meaning it's not good for solo, which is not needed in AoS, since there will be much team play for a well game.

-Archmage is not so good either, once you cast blizzard, enemy Hero can move out of the region, wasted spell. Briliance Aura is not needed, hence other spells are not good. Water Elemental is the only good spell, but it's also not that useful. I better not say anything about his Ulti, which sux hard.

Now let me tell you few bad heroes. For example:

-Crypt Lord: Carrion beetles, suck, the passive ability sux against range, and impale doesn't deal huge damage. Stunning all creeps is not needed. Ulti is ok, overall, hero sux, especially against range units

-Priestess of The Moon: Well, she only got huge attack, cannot use Lifesteal or any other buffs, and yet no stun/slow at all. Ulti is somewhat ok, but needs to be more powerful in order to be "ulti".

Blood Mage
Able to combo with stunners, and trappers, works well

Archmage
Blizzard - Instead of the Hero cast the Blizzard, we can order Dummy to cast the Blizzard for him so he can walk around after casting the spell for like 0.30 second, after that, Hided Dummy Unit will do the work
Brilliance Aura - Can REALLY helps teammates' to supply Mana over Fighter/Tanker Heroes
Summon Water Elemental - Can be modified to suit the map's surrounding (HP, Armors and maybe some Passive/Active skills), can summon up to 2 per summon, lasts for 30~45 seconds, cooldown is 70 seconds
I agree on his ulti, sucks... egg.

Crypt Lord
Carrion Beetles - Can push/scouts/harass and even help his owner for farm for them, same like Water Elemental, everything needs to be changed Armor, HP and some skills too
Spiked Carapace - Well, you don't want ALL heroes' skills to be imbalance, right ? So there must be some downside, okay ?
Impale - Stuns up to 2.25 seconds (modified) in a straight line, what more do you want ?
Locust Swarm - Useful indeed in a massive fight

Priestess
Searing Arrows - Useful for early farming tools, bonus damage up to 60 (modified)
Scout - Very, very useful for scouting or ambushing nearby enemies, useful to put in Neutral Creep (farming location)
Trueshot Aura - Supports members alike
Starfall - Yes, it needs to be changed, maybe that "Starfall Stand" only lasts for 3~5 seconds, dealing 120 damage per second

All you need to do is to be creative and imaginative on how to adapt yourself :)

Vunjo

Level 14
Defskull, your avatar is late, teach him to dance with mine =)
About skills, if they are balanced, then there is no real problem, but changing blizzard from Casting Time with Hero to Casting Time with dummy unit is a huge difference. Scout is not a great spell, since enemy can see the unit, and if you make it invisible, maybe i can be overpowered..

Status
Not open for further replies.