• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AOE into Auras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
is there any way to make howl of terror, drunken haze and other such abilities into an aura?

I tried it out by just using the buff of drunken haze as an aura buff, but when I spit a cone of fire it doesn't create that burning effect.

I just want to know is it possible to turn these area effect abilities into auras?

Level 24
Abilities are hardcoded in their effect making only use of the fiels that are actually used in the hardcoded script.

For example, Storm Bolt can never be a passive ability.
Or Devotion Aura can never be cast.

What you would have to do is search for a similar aura that would fit your needs, or you should trigger the aura.

You can create an aura that lowers armor. I guess you can call that a howl aura. If you can get the buff to appear then it is possible. However, it will function as an aura and the buff will disappear once the unit leaves the AoE of the aura. Devotion aura can be set to a negative armor value and target only enemies. Drunken haze might be trickier. That causes units to miss and ignite on BoF? I don't think an aura can do this without triggers.

You can do a lot with OE and many take it for granted, but there are somethings it can't do. Aura stormbolt is a great and kinda funny example.

Level 7
Drunken Haze has an area effect, set this to the aura radius. Create a dummy that can be targeted. You can make this an active, toggle or passive aura. Here are the triggers for a passive aura.

Unit learns a skill
Skill learnt = drunken haze
Add unit to drunken_haze_group

Every 0.03 seconds

If units in group >= 1 else turn this trigger off
pick every unit in drunken_haze_group
If unit is alive = true <- add your other conditions as well
Create a dummy(targetable) for neutral player
Set drunken_haze_target = last created unit
Give 0.5 second expiration timer to last created unit
Create a dummy for owner of picked unit
give 0.5 second expiration time to last created unit
Order last created unit to Drunken haze drunken_haze_target
Remove leaks

Just do something similar if you want it to be an active but without the periodic timer. If you want a toggle just base it on a toggle spell and add ro remove from the group using order comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.