• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buff Condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to make a spell that the caster throws a missle and when it hits the trigger should start the action. I´m using Drunken Haze with a 0.1sec buff.
First i tried wanted to try this (with integer):

-unit casts spell
-spell equal to xxx
-wait for condition (number of buffs from target unit matching (matching buff equal to drunken haze) equal to 1) checking every 0.01sec

but i havent found something like that in gui, so i wanted to try this (with buff):

-unit casts spell
-spell equal to xxx
-wait for condition (random buff from buffs of target unit matching (matching buff is equal to drunken haze) is equal to drunken haze) checking 0.01sec

but i havent found something like that in gui too.

so anyone can help me how to do this?

Level 5
Eusira said:
That will cripple map performance to some degree, but the phrase "unit starts the effect of an ability," see if your requirements need it to be an instant spell, and even better, after .01 seconds, make a 50 integer loop that checks around the unit for the buff

Very good, and Raven you should know better than to use every .01 seconds... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.