• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

default spell does nothing, freezing breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i am using freezing breath on my hero, an icy based hero.

so i give him the ability freezing breath and make it target enemy, ground and structure.

well when he attacks, the new missle of the freezing breath happens every time he attacks like its a passive spell. GOOD

but the problem is, the spell does nothing. i have it so buff adds freezing breath, slowed, and drunken haze. but units are not affected by his attack at all, except for the normal dmg from his attack

how do i get this spell to cause a buff on enemy units?

Level 12
drumminforev said:
i am using freezing breath on my hero, an icy based hero.

so i give him the ability freezing breath and make it target enemy, ground and structure.

well when he attacks, the new missle of the freezing breath happens every time he attacks like its a passive spell. GOOD

but the problem is, the spell does nothing. i have it so buff adds freezing breath, slowed, and drunken haze. but units are not affected by his attack at all, except for the normal dmg from his attack

how do i get this spell to cause a buff on enemy units?

Buffs in the object editor mean nothing more than the art, adding a frost buff to a spell that doesn't use buffs, won't do anything, adding a drunken haze buff to permanent immolation won't make it make the enemies drunk, it will still do immolation

Level 4
i see what you mean then. what do yuo suggest i do to make it so that the art is still the freezing breath, but it does the slowed and drunken haze effect to all units in the aoe every time he attacks, not just when i target a unit with a spell

Level 3
Well, for the other buffs you'll have to trigger it so a dummy unit casts it on the victim. For freezing breath, there are a few important things to know.
Freezing breath, along with all the arrow spells, will not work if the unit using it is not ranged, or does not have a "missile" type attack (found in the combat field for units, I believe). Be sure to change those, so that they meet the requirements.
Also, you said that you set it to effect ground, enemy, structures, right? The structures field makes it ONLY work against structures, just like the hero field would make it work ONLY versus heroes.
I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.