• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] AoE Heal Spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a thought but if you were to put negative values into the damage field of Thunder Clap, War stomp etc or any AoE ability, would it heal instead of damage or would there be some other crazy event like a crash?

This was just a thought as it would give me a few ideas for spells I could theoretically do.

This might also apply to any damage field in any other spell.

Level 25
Uh, why don't you try it yourself then?
Anyway, if it is possible, I think it will be still very restrictive for healing spells - e.g. Hero armor would reduce (or increase?) effect of spells damage by 25%, which may dampen/amplify the heal

Level 11
It actually depends on the ability. Acid Bomb will always do damage even when set to a negative amount, but it can be used to increase armor, attack speed and movement speed. Chain Lightning can be set to do negative damage and will then heal, but it will never bounce to allies even if it can only target allies (not that it matters since there's a chain heal anyway). Most abilities seem to work as expected with negative values. You could make a Thunder Clap that heals allies and increases their attack and movement speed. You can't get rid of the terrain distortion, however, so thunder clap is usually not a great ability to use for anything.

Level 25
So apparently writing a too long comment crashes the editor (trigger editor). Heh.
The thunder clap and the war stomp work when set to healing, however their targets doesn't seem to work, so while you can not get them to heal your friends, you can heal your enemies. Same with shockwave, impale however works. Probably because it's a targeted spell, same with Kaboom!

Here's a small map where I tested a few spells, feel free to add the rest !
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7315285/Maps/Warcraft III/LordDz adavanced medic system.w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.