• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE ability point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Lets say a Blood Mage casts Flame Strike on an area, how would I detect the point that i click with triggers so I could add another feature to it? I'm trying to make an ability based off Flame Strike to deal extra damage to a specific type of unit, but when I use "Target Point of Ability being Cast", nothing happens.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, yAyAfOshO. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you may do so here. If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules to make sure you won't run in trouble.

Lets say a Blood Mage casts Flame Strike on an area, how would I detect the point that i click with triggers so I could add another feature to it? I'm trying to make an ability based off Flame Strike to deal extra damage to a specific type of unit, but when I use "Target Point of Ability being Cast", nothing happens.
You should post your triggers so we can help you. Also, note that Target Point of Ability Being Cast will leak. Use a variable to store that point and then use it. Afterwards, use a custom script to remove it.

[TRIGGER=Function]Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_YourVariableName)[/TRIGGER]
The udg has to be there, always.

Level 4
Nevermind, I found the problem with the trigger, I tried to make the effect AoE as well, but I had to double to width and height of the area to match the Area of Effect of my Flame Strike. So it wasn't working before because the area wasn't large enough to hit the unit near the border of the effect, but thanks anyways for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.