• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone wanna play Gaia v1.2A (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello all,

I've been playing Gaia's Retaliation with my friends, but now that our group has fallen apart, I have no one to play Gaia's with. I'm looking for one or two partners to start the game. The reason I'm playing the 2014 version is because I like that version's skill distribution better than auto gaining skills every lvl as in the newer versions.

If possible, I would like for the other players to be from Europe, like me, so as to make our planning less difficult.

Class-wise, I am very flexible and would be happy to fill any role.

I hope to hear from you soon! :thumbs_up:

Level 1
I was thinking about that, but I simply do not like the new version way of getting attributes. I like getting one point per level and customising your character seems to be alot more fun.

Level 7
Why? Its pointless "customization" as theres literally no purpose in specing anything but main stat + constitution. Don't convince yourself you're actually customizing your character, as doing anything else is just being wasteful.

Also moving forward, the new versions of the game have had new systems implemented as well. Going backwards is just a waste of time.

Level 8
1.2A(8) was back when all classes could have 600+ HP from levels alone, also attackspeed and haste was out of control. Don't think I'd be able to go back to easy mode. Anyway, the soul system has way more potential for customization than the old stat system could ever offer. Like Box said, statting anything but main+const was inefficient. Sure you could do it, but even decent alternate builds were still inferior to the cookie-cutter build.

There's not many active players around at the moment. There's like maybe one game per DAY hosted on ENT or MMH. If you want to play gaias with a half-decent team and not wait 5 hours for the game to start, you should just check the bots (Gaiashostbot and Gaiasdungeon).

Level 1
After giving the newest version a try, and after reading a bit more on the forum, especially the posts from Zwiebel himself, I've realised that I was probably wrong.

I just have 2 questions:

1. Does the Extension Package v1.3 change the gameplay in any way, or is it just the music and dialogues?

2. Is it worth trying to play Gaia's duo? I know killing mobs would be no problem, and I guess 2 players could handle some bosses as well, but will my friend and I be missing out something important due to the lack of a third player?

Level 3
I don't think you can complete this game playing in duo only. If you get some items from the last bosses with a party you might, but I doubt you can do it playing only duo.

Level 8
  1. The Extension Package does not change or add to the gameplay in any way.
  2. All content is now beatable with 2 players. Good soul combos will be needed for gargoyle duo. As usual with less players, the boss fights will be harder and require a bit of overlevelling and optimal potion usage.

Level 3
  1. The Extension Package does not change or add to the gameplay in any way, it just add custom sound, dialogues and HD models.
  2. All content is now beatable with 2 players. Good soul combos will be needed for gargoyle duo. As usual with less players, the boss fights will be harder and require a bit of overlevelling and optimal potion usage.
This.

Level 10
The reason I'm playing the 2014 version is because I like that version's skill distribution better than auto gaining skills every lvl as in the newer versions.

So you haven't played 1.2B ever yet?
You are in for a treat, bro!

The skill system was replaced with a much more focused and to-the-point talent system. That alone is worth the switch. Souls, the extension pack and ... well ... a whole new character class have been added aswell.

As someone who enjoyed the single stat 'choice' build for the META game, I have to admit 1.2b is amazing. Make sure you download the extension pack before you play it :] the Souls give you a lot of extra choices too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.