• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone else interested in geography fixes in Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Based on the map in the demo for Stratholme, I am hopeful that they will fix other maps to more closely align with the map they eventually developed in WoW.

Of course, we know that due to gamescale WoW isn't a total depiction of the whole world of Azeroth, but I think there are some examples such as the one I raised (link below) which are just flat out wrong.

Anyone else noticed/cared about this stuff?

Please fix error in Alliance Campaign - Chapter One & Two

Level 8
Interestingly, how WoW is not the one who modified the original lore and that the game before it needs fix.

I'm not really sure I understand your meaning, but the way I see it when WC3 was made they hadn't really mapped the world right down to every little detail and the game maps were just designed to be fun which was great.

However, subsequently, when they did map the world (even roughly and with consideration for gamescale), there was a lot of mismatches/continuity errors with the world map of Azeroth.

They are already updating mission maps in Warcraft 3 Reforged and we have already observed that this included aligning those maps with the world of Azeroth that has been established in excess of 15 years. I don't really see this as a retcon since the story/lore details are not being changed, but rather a realignment of details that were disjointed but which were supposed to match all along.

Level 8
Yes, it should be fixed. From small village it was in demo to map-size city the second largest in the kingdom, maybe the could make a landscape a bit less edgy. Also, since when making other maps to match wow is a fix? I would say it's something in reverse

Yes, it should be fixed. From small village it was in demo to map-size city the second largest in the kingdom, maybe the could make a landscape a bit less edgy. Also, since when making other maps to match wow is a fix? I would say it's something in reverse

I love the fact how they 'fixed' Stratholme being the second most populated city of Lordaeron by making it a smaller city

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What are you guys even talking about? Retcons change the story. Neither what I suggested nor what we saw in the demo changes the story.
Changing the map is also a retcon and it affects the story, even if mildly, let's say. I don't have anything against expanding the map zones but changing the overall aspect to match WoW as in moving things from where they were, adding too much fluff, is another thing. There are changes from Warcraft Orcs & Humans to II and III in that regard so it's not the first time they'd be doing this. They should be consistent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.