• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any tool to restore maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I been working on a map now for months, it was allmost finished.
I worked last on it yesterday, now when I went in to the editor I could no open it :(

Unable to load file (map)
- Main map file could not opened

I can not open it at all in the editor or see the map i game.
I used the normal world editor. Its so frustrating, I've spendt so damn many hours in the editor working on this map :(
Is there any tool/program that I can use to restore it back? open it or any thing?
I dont understand why this has happened :(

Level 14
Could you perhaps post the map so that we can take a look?
It might be that some scripts inside the archive became corrupt.
I want to see it for myself with a MPQ browser.

Level 14
Or if you are using JassNewGenPack then there is a backup map which contains auto-saved maps. You might want to take a look in there.

EDIT: I see now that you've used the standard world editor (my mistake)

Level 14
I've already taken a look at the map, I'm unabled to open the archive because the main map file became corrupt.
The OP told me that he optimized the map to decrease loading time
(Which I think might be the reason why the scripts inside the archive became corrupt).
It's unabled to open in any MPQ browser nor in JNGP or the standard world editor.

Level 28
I've already taken a look at the map, I'm unabled to open the archive because the main map file became corrupt.
The OP told me that he optimized the map to decrease loading time
(Which I think might be the reason why the scripts inside the archive became corrupt).
It's unabled to open in any MPQ browser nor in JNGP or the standard world editor.

Just like what happened to my map that you tried to fix XD

Well if that is the problem, then there is no way to retrieve it. Just use your last one. Just remember to save often and always create backups.

Level 14
Just like what happened to my map that you tried to fix XD

Well if that is the problem, then there is no way to retrieve it. Just use your last one. Just remember to save often and always create backups.

Yours was different, I was still abled to open your map in a MPQ browser, but I wasn't abled to restore the corrupt files inside of it.

This one can't even be opened inside a MPQ editor ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.