• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any good AOS-type maps with single player support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

Due to the fact that I can't play online most of the time and that I have a crappy old computer that impossibilitates playing online anyway, I was wondering if you guys knew of any good AOS type maps with support for single player (that is to say, with AI scripts for computer players).

The only one I know is Dota Mercenaries 2.17, which is based on a quite old version of Dota allstars, but I was hoping for something more recent.

Thanks in advance for your help,

fjeronimo

Level 3
EotA: Twilight has some decent hero AI. The only problem: The AI is about on par with a public game player, and is slightly better than most. Not great for mastering the game, but great for playing for fun and learning. Just don't tower or upgrade with comps. They don't tower or upgrade to counter you.

Level 1
Thanks for the replies.

I've downloaded the maps and gave them a quick try. Here are my comments so far :

- Eota : Twilight -> I just can't play it. The frame rate is below 10 on my computer. Shame. :(

- Megalith -> Looks pretty good. I do have a problem with the camera though (even the overhead one). Runs at an acceptable frame rate (at least at the beginning).

- Ashenvale civil war -> Only tried it today for a few minutes. Looks quite interesting. The only thing I thought confusing were the mines : my hero was level 2 at full health and just died because he stepped on a mine (kind of frustrating). Runs pretty smoothly.

- Which blizzard map is an human AOS?

fjeronimo

Level 11
umm

beantony said:
Well, I have a simple singleplayer AOS. Quite an easy & simple gameplay. Not famous, though.

If you want to try it, I have to tell you this:
Set the other player slot to computer player. And you may change your team to use the other side heroes.

Here's the link:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1847&sid=625e1bc31194c0e9c0d57000003ff911
beantony you maniac, you're team is worrying about how tsunamis might have hit jakarta, and you're over here? oh well, and back on topic, i have never found a single player AoS

Level 6
It is on TFT..Humans, Where Kael and the Naga Witch is trying to rescue Ilidan that is keept in a wagon-cage. You need to kill Maiev and take control of the wagon and move it back to the base. If you die she will get the control over it...

It is after the Rescuing of the Lieuntans.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.